My client's dream is a World fed with food from sustainable cropping systems. This requires increasing crop productivity and profitability while limiting the environmental impact and improving socio-economic conditions of stakeholders. One of the key challenges is to collect and process relevant, affordable and comprehensive data into safe and sound information for its partners and paying customers.
Based near Oxford, my client has been the recipient of several £million in grants to create an MVP in collaboration with research organisations, private sector firms, crop federations, large farmers as well as smallholders in South America.
They now require a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to become part of the founding team, providing sound technical leadership in all aspects of their truly global business, communicating with employees and stakeholders to ensure all the Greenfield developed technologies are being created in a scalable and appropriate manner.
· Continuously architect, improve and develop the platform and stakeholder services to focus on the needs of the farmers, the crop Federation and other 3rd party interested providers, like insurers and credit providers
· Manage and lead development teams in South America, India and the UK
· Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
· Use stakeholders' feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
· Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
· Develop and execute the IT strategy reporting to the CEO
· Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
· Knowledge development best practices (Built on MS Azure stack)
· Understanding of budgets and business-planning
· Ability to conduct complex system and technological analyses and research
· Excellent communication skills
· Problem-solving aptitude
· Able to commute into the Oxfordshire based offices two or three times a week
Nice to have
· Speak SPANISH - is a huge advantage but not required
· Any Argi-tech or crop modelling experience would be useful
If this unique, meaningful opportunity, not measured by a P&L spreadsheet, has perked your interest then please apply below and request a confidential chat with me to get a clearer understanding of the project and the truly global impact it will have.
This pivotal role comes with a six figure basic salary, benefits and equity.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.