Head of Business SystemsLondon | Permanent | Blended home and office work from Sep 2021Up to £70,000 + bonus + benefits
Growing media business is looking for a Head of Business Systems to oversee the key business operational systems, including integrity, maintenance and development. This is a new role and so presents an opportunity for your to put your stamp on the role.
This role will give you ownership across strategy, data, workflow, process and governance for all business systems. The role will suit someone able to drive change, manage projects, drive continuous process improvement, and work with varied and multiple stakeholders across the business and externally.More about the role:Strategy:
Data, Workflow, Process:
- You will work in partnership with senior stakeholders across the business, to champion the quality and integrity of data and systems, driving customer-focused change which directly impacts the 3 year plan and digital ambition.
- You will be a key input into long term planning around emerging technologies and best practice.
- You will own the end to end process (in partnership with functional owners) for all systems links, data flows and interfaces.
- Maintain all process documentation and training to the business.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and systems and processes through greater automation, lean practices and simplification.
- Deliver exception reporting to facilitate fast and effective alerts to issues.
- Co-ordinate change management; comms, testing, training and documentation.
- Oversea all data flows within the business.
- Own relationships with key external systems providers through whole life cycle (tender, onboarding, governance, road map etc).
- Optimise effectiveness of systems architecture, working closely with central IT department to ensure server availability and that the infrastructure meets the needs of systems.
- Continually assess and improve the adequacy of business systems in terms of governance, compliance in areas such as cyber security, GDPR, resilience, BIC data performance standards.
- Act as a key change agent on group wide projects and initiatives which impact systems.
- Likely from a Change Management, Project Management, Data, Business Systems or mixture thereof, background.
- Still hands on enough that you are able to get your hands on the detail of the role.
- You will have a good grasp of IT architecture, data management and cyber security and comfortable engaging with more technical stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator, able to work cross functionally to drive change.
- Demonstrable commercial skills, required for work with 3rd parties.
- Likely familiar with Lean principles and ideally able to embed these within the business.
- Likely to be from the following sectors; media with an IP element to it (music, content, publishing etc) or from a subscription or data platform type of business.
Please apply today for immediate CV review.
Kinetech is acting as a recruiter in relation to this hire. Please see our website for more information on how we handle your data.