Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist- Orthopaedic
As a world-recognised centre of clinical excellence and research, Cleveland Clinic is expanding its global footprint to London. We are opening a brand new, state of the art, hospital in January 2022 and are recruiting now for skilled and enthusiastic allied health professionals to form our exceptional therapy team. Through collaboration and learning, Cleveland Clinic London will combine the best of Cleveland Clinic, with the best of UK Healthcare, ensuring holistic patient care and best possible patient outcomes.
As a Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist, you will work as an autonomous practitioner assessing, treating and managing patients with complex orthopaedic conditions, and demonstrating competence in appropriate post-operative assessment, treatment and complex discharge planning skills. This will require advanced clinical reasoning, together with integrated clinical management with the wider MDT.
You will be working on the Orthopaedic and Neurosurgical ward, providing additional support to the other acute services when required. You will work alongside Consultant orthopaedic surgeons who are experts in their field.
This role will report directly to the Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist and be part of a highly innovative, evidence based, forward thinking therapy team, as well as working within the wider therapy team providing occupational therapy expertise.
Be part of history and join our highly skilled therapy team to deliver world class care at Cleveland Clinic London.
What need from you:
What we can offer you:
- Degree in relevant AHP area
- Post -graduate experience orthopedic and surgical occupational therapy at senior level
- Extensive experience of multidisciplinary / multi agency working at senior level
- Experience of audit, quality improvement, clinical effectiveness and project planning
- Experience of supervision, appraisal, development and managing performance including competency development.
- Experience of assisting in delivery of education and training within therapy teams including own occupational therapy expertise
- Experience of delivering multidisciplinary education and training - in service training
- Experience at supporting a research and quality improvement culture
- Experience of empowering and engaging patients to make informed decisions over their care
- Experience in leading complex discharge planning including the provision of appropriate equipment
For further information or questions regarding the role please contact the Talent Team on email@example.com
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous Pension Scheme
- The Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme