Hybris/Java Developers are required to join our Hybris Engineering team to work with one of our retail clients.
We are looking for Hybris/Java developers with a strong understanding of web-based technologies and the Hybris platform. The successful candidates will be involved in application development using several Java-based technologies (serverless applications, containerised Java applications) and the development of RESTful APIs.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate excellent Java skills development and who are highly adaptable and keen to learn new technologies and platforms. The successful applicants will work within a collaborative team of highly skilled consultants to successfully deliver our world-class engineering projects.We need you to be really great at
Additionally, The Ideal Candidate Would
- Extensive Java(11) and Hybris(1808+) development experience.
- Experience in writing complex systems and defining and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Hybris
- An understanding of both modern and traditional Design Patterns and the ability to choose the best solutions for our customers.
- Must have worked in a CI/CD driven project and have a strong understanding of a DevOps approach to development.
- A Quality First mindset, backed by strong unit testing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a new global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce.How? By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Bosch, DFS, Johnson & Johnson, MAC, Nestlé, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Shell, Specialized, Tempur and Tiffany & Co.Tell me more! We're an inclusive group of more than 1350 thinkers and doers from WPP's leading commerce agencies Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we've got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best eCommerce sites and experiences in the world. At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
- Have previously worked on other eCommerce platforms (Magento, HCL Commerce)
- Have experience of enterprise content management and creating RESTful APIs in microservices environments
- Have a good knowledge of Spring and Maven
- Be familiar with deploying and working with software on at least one major public cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Be a TDD practitioner with a strong focus on producing readable, well architected and thoroughly tested code
- Have previous experience working within Agile software delivery teams