Who We Are
xDesign is an award-winning digital transformation and software agency based in the centre of Edinburgh. We provide engineering and Agile product teams to some of the UK's most recognisable and fastest-scaling brands to help them ideate, build, and deliver superior web and mobile apps for their business and customers.Our team
Our business is growing fast! We've recently grown to over 100 employees and opened our second office. We're looking forward to continued growth this year, and beyond, and are interested in hiring great people who are ready to make meaningful contributions and grow with us.
It's important to us that we support each other, help each other, and push each other to work hard and improve. We value everyone's unique input and skills we encourage collaboration and teamwork and get the job done well.
To ensure everyone gets the help and encouragement they need, we work with colleagues to agree an individual development plan. You'll get close support from your line manager with your day-to-day work, and you'll have support to evaluate your career growth and professional development.The role
xDesign is hiring for the new role of Senior Accounts Assistant to support our Finance team. This position benefits from a supportive environment with opportunity for progression and would be the ideal role for an ambitious Accounts Assistant looking for the next step.The Role Comprises The Following Responsibilities
- Raising client Invoices, credit control and accurate input of purchase ledger invoices and expenses
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Preparation of payment runs
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts including completing journal entries, maintaining the fixed asset register and reconciling the balance sheet
- Assist with revenue recognition and forecasting
- Assist with quarterly VAT returns
- Regular reporting as requires
2+ years practical finance experience including
Our ideal candidate would also
- Accurate purchase ledger input, resolving supplier queries and reconciling supplier statements
- Experience in conducting credit control via email and phone. Escalating any issues on a timely basis and assisting to resolve them
- Experience of daily reconciliation of multiple bank accounts
- Fixed asset reconciliation and ensuring depreciation policies are followed
- Completing journal entries with a sound understanding of debits and credits
Additional Skills And Qualifications That Would Strengthen Your Application
- Have experience assisting in preparation of management accounts
- Be highly organised, a self starter and quick learner
- Take pride in producing high quality, accurate and timely information
- Show excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Offer an intermediate to advanced level of Excel usage
- AAT qualification or early stages of studying towards ACCA/CIMA/ICAS
- Experience in Xero and G Suite would be advantageous
- Competitive and flexible salary which we'll discuss at the start of our hiring process
- Personal development and progression plans
- 32 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays, which incidentally you're free to take whenever you want)
- Company pension scheme
- A dynamic and energetic environment
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (online for now!)
- YuLife employee benefits - (including discounts for personal health and fitness equipment and experiences)
- this position isn't suitable long-term for remote working, or for people who don't have full rights to work in the UK. While we have a flexible working approach, we expect this role to be in commuting distance to Edinburgh.Working hours
- Full time hours are preferred but this role is available for part-time working hours for the right candidate.
Still have questions? Read our careers FAQs to learn more about our hiring process and life at xDesign.
Take a look at our '5 Questions with an xDesigner' blog series for more insights from the team!