MOKE is on a mission to use iconic designs to create the world's most loved beach lifestyle brand.
Designed in the early 1960s by Sir Alec Issigonis, the father of the Austin Mini, the Mini MOKE quickly gained cult status in the French Riviera, Australia and the Caribbean. James Bond and Brigitte Bardot were both early converts. MOKE International Limited was formed in 2015 and acquired the original 'MOKE' trademark shortly after. Post Brexit, we brought production home from France and, once again, the MOKE is now made exclusively in the UK.
Having successfully sold hundreds of petrol/gas powered MOKEs in the Caribbean, MOKE is now going Electric and launching in Europe, the USA and beyond. We envisage a MOKE on charge within a frisbee throw of all the world's best beach properties...
We are looking for a Head of Marketing with proven success in executing B2B and B2C campaigns for emotive brands in Europe and beyond. This is a pivotal time in our journey. You will be passionate about scaling up an iconic, British heritage brand and launching a world-class, sustainable EV. What you'll do:
What you'll need
- Own the EV international launch plan - with the team, you will be responsible for optimising the marketing mix and allocation of budget, deciding which things you are best placed to manage yourself and which require us to hire in expertise.
- Segment, target and position MOKE's marketing efforts to the relevant audiences and channels to maximise revenue.
- Own the Funnel, ensuring that customers are engaged at each stage from Awareness through Interest, Desire and Action.
- Assist the wider team in developing the brand through commercial partnerships with influencers, films and other brands and products
- Manage the MOKE trademark portfolio in coordination with company's legal counsel to ensuring that the trademark schedule is up to date and any infringement notices are sent in an orderly fashion.
- Attend marketing events and dealer meetings - representing the brand both in the UK and abroad.
- Oversee the website development and SEO strategy both for mokeinternational.com and white labelled versions for dealers.
- Devise and implement an effective digital marketing strategy using email flows, social media and performance marketing.
- Manage the content creation and distribution strategy through marketing collateral, blogs, social media, press releases and merchandise.
- Working with the web developers and sales team to optimise the management of inbound private client leads using a CRM database to share with international dealers and generate management data on the funnel
- Implement systems to test and predict marketing success using data and analytics.
- Help define the strategy for the business - feeding into the business plan, establishing sales targets and KPIs, setting pricing, and analysing opportunities for growth through dealers, rental, direct sales, car sharing and merchandise partnerships.
Who you'll work with:
- Creativity in abundance and a passion for MOKE and scaling an emotive, heritage brand.
- 3-5 years' experience marketing brands either at an agency or in-house, ideally working in the context of both B2B and B2C.
- Proven track record of boosting engagement and activity through both ATL and BTL marketing.
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing arena and experience getting the most out of social media and performance marketing using the appropriate platforms and software (e.g. Hootsuite, Adwords, and Facebook for Business)
- Results focussed, can-do attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to keep up with the demands of a fast moving business.
- Capacity to multi-task over several on-going projects, set achievable goals and deadlines and define the priorities.
- Knowledge of the auto industry and the move towards sustainable mobility is desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Teams, Salesforce, HTML, Monday.com (project management software) or equivalents is useful.
- Ability to speak other languages, especially French, Spanish and/or Italian is a bonus.
You will be an integral part of the Sales and Marketing Team comprised of yourself, the Commercial Director, the Business Development Lead, and Aftersales Manager - as well as some of the best PR and Brand Consultants in the business. We are a small team and you will also spend regular time with the CEO and CFO whilst interacting with our Engineering and Manufacturing partners. Why you'll love it
- You will earn a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, with a discretionary bonus.
- MOKE is all about authenticity, sustainability, and living the dream! We like to think this is as evident in the culture of the business as it is in the brand.
- We are an accomplished team (check us out on LinkedIn) in start-up mode, repositioning a heritage brand. This is a unique opportunity to join us at a pivotal point as we launch an EV worldwide.
- As a small, fast-growing business you will work in collaborative and innovative environment with the opportunity to challenge yourself and advance and shape your career quickly.
- We mostly work remotely and tend to meet up 1-2 days a week at Soho Works at 180 Strand in London which offers free coffee and fruit and the occasional opportunity to use the pool at Soho House.
- You might be required to travel a few times a month but it will usually be to beautiful places near the beach.