API INTEGRATIONS DEVELOPER (PHP)Intro to Gophr
On demand delivery has never been so in demand. E-commerce has seen 5 years worth of growth in the past 12 months, and online grocery has gone nuts, bananas and crackers. Then add into the mix ever tighter margins, and all-time-high customer expectations (thanks Prime) and you see why better, and faster and more efficient delivery is so in demand.
Which is where we come in. Gophr is a delivery tech company that is reimagining same day delivery to make it work better for everyone involved; the businesses who need things delivered, their customers, and the couriers delivering to those customers. This is what we mean by great delivery, and this is what drives our vision. To give all businesses access to great delivery and all couriers access to great business. The role
Drive forward the next evolution of our new courier and customer product suite.
Work with our Product Owners, UI/UX team and technical team to deliver a product development roadmap that's been created from years of hard-won operational experience, coupled with a lot of serious thinking about how to deliver automated solutions that cover every single aspect of last-mile delivery. Every service, vehicle, consignment size, customer and courier preference variable imaginable. This is a highly complex undertaking, and a role for someone who is interested in taking on big challenges.
We're recruiting a number of backend PHP developers so your role and responsibilities will depend on your seniority, experience and ability to learn and improve.
We're recruiting for 2 backend development teams:
- Backend Team focused on our back office app, automation and endpoints where you can prove your algorithmic skills or contribute to our 200+ internal APIs developed for our frontend apps
- API Integrations Team specialised in customer-side API integrations working hand in hand with many developers from multiple well known brands. You will become their 1st point of contact for Gophr integration, implementing and maintaining our part of it. It will also allow you to become an expert of multiple e-commerce platforms once developing various plugins to connect with them. This is a more customer-facing role (also PHP-based).
As API Integrations Developer
your role will be to:
- be part of an Agile team responsible for API Integrations with the Gophr customers and partners,
- along with Gophr Sales Team present the platform to potential customers and work towards customisations that will make it even more adoptable for new organisations and industries,
- develop modular code that you can reuse in your next implementations
- apply multi-level settings to achieve the desired software behaviour
- collaborate on a daily basis with developers from well-established businesses and be their first point of contact as to how to make their bookings available on the Gophr platform and to give them the information they need back,
- propose and implement ideas how to make this process more efficient and faster every time you start an integration with the new partners
- learn a number of selected e-commerce platforms and develop plugins to connect to them to Gophr, research what settings you can implement for them, become an expert of these platforms within our organisation,
- write testable, modular, reusable code
- unit test your own code and do peer reviews
Ideally you should be:
- an experienced PHP developer
- using any PHP-based MVC framework (Zend, Code Igniter, Laravel, etc.)
- good in listening, understanding what customers want to achieve and matching these requirements against the abstract model that you're building
You will be joining the team that has multiple integrations already in place so you can follow the pattern, contribute to it and improve, but all your new integrations will be developed from the scratch so you will own that code as well as relations with the customers (developers) who use it. You will be the front Gophr tech person for them to help with advice, customisation, new implementations and technical support.What we want from you
Experience working with large databases, and understands how to manage them in a way that enables them to perform at speed.
Someone who's enjoyed being part of a collaborative team that takes ideas from anywhere in order to find the best solution. You like dealing with complex problems, working with others to interrogate them to a level where you all feel confident that you're creating elegant, holistics solutions for the users in question.
You should be someone who understands that getting to the best solution doesn't always mean throwing more resources at a problem, but may require thinking about it more deeply in order to solve for the widest number of issues contained within a certain set of constraints. You should feel comfortable questioning others on whether the solutions being presented may create more problems down the line, and understand that being questioned in return is part of getting to the best result.
If you're someone who is excited about the direction the web is heading in, and is already thinking about how to apply these concepts and technologies to industry sectors that are slow to adopt technology, have a reputation for being exploitative, or both - then this could be for you.
To be successful as the API Integrations Developer you will need:
What you'll get from us
- Experience working with PHP and any PHP-based MVC framework (Zend, Symfony, Laravel, Code Igniter).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of testing modern PHP code.
- Attention to details to be able to build and maintain complex algorithms.
Our commitment to you to make this role one of the most positive and definitive career experiences you've ever had. We're currently experiencing very high growth with a sustainable business model and a very exciting product roadmap that we believe will have significant ramifications for the industry in the UK, and beyond.
We are a small team, growing fast and that will give you plenty of opportunity to shape your role. Our tech is constantly evolving, we're capturing tons of data and we have some pretty radical plans for all of it moving forward.Other stuff:
What we're about
- Competitive salary package
- An allowance to spend on hardware and home office
- Personal development budget (TBA - we're still working on it sorry)
- Highly flexible working hours
- Work from wherever you like
- Quarterly company retreats and parties - weeks and long weekends away
- Career development - product team is growing by 5x in next 12 months
- Highly focused on employee wellbeing (73/100 eNPS in 2020, taken a recent hit due to revenue growth - hence why we're growing the team)
- Mental health days separate to holiday
- Ideas and feedback driven working environment: ideas come from both internal and external sources, including bonus rewards for successful outcomes
- Committed to sustainability: all deliveries were carbon negative in 2020
Our mission is to build the largest, smartest same-day delivery network in the UK and beyond through technology that empowers professional couriers of all shapes and sizes to build companies that serve their local communities. A delivery network that creates better outcomes for everyone involved, and feels like magic for those using it.
There are over 23,000 courier companies in the UK. 20,000 turnover less than £500k a year, 10,000 of which make less than £50k a year. And they all need help in driving up vehicle efficiency, reducing operational costs, winning new business and access to regular cashflow that runs like clockwork so they can grow as much as possible, and not have to stress about getting paid or figuring out how to stay competitive against larger players.
We've spent the last 6 years understanding the needs of these operators providing multiple last-mile services, across vehicle types, to customers from every industry sector. The level of knowledge we've gleaned in that time has given us a clear understanding of where we have to take Gophr next, and what elements need to be in place for us to get where we want to be fast.
We're already well on the way:
- Series A closed end of 2020, 300% YOY growth and on track to 8 figure revenue this year
- 3 million parcels delivered, in a market that's set to 3X in size in the next 3 years.
- 10,000+ clients ranging from household name retailers (Co-op and Hellofresh) to independent local restaurants like Smokestak (great brisket) who were winning from established incumbents, and well-funded competitors
- 4.5* Trustpilot (best rated same-day courier)
- Net Promoter Score tracking at 75+ over the last 12 months (rare in most industries, unheard of in ours)
- Deloitte Fast 50 winner; Placed at #15, the highest rank with the lowest total amount of institutional investor money raised
- Net profitable in 2020: this feels rather quaint, but we wanted to prove that a tech startup in the delivery space is capable of building a sustainable business model. This is just the start... :D
We've gotten where we are to date due to a highly knowledgeable, experienced and solid team of good people who are heads down working to solve big problems. Ideas come from everywhere across the business; we're run on feedback - from the internal team, to couriers, customers and partners.
We expect that if you're successful from your 1st interview to an offer shouldn't take more than 7 working days.Apply now!