Suttons Group are an innovative global logistics business that has seen huge growth this past year. We are delighted to share that we now have an exciting new role for a Marketing Manager (Commercial) to join us in a permanent position as part of our fantastic team in Widnes.
Our Marketing Manager uses market research and data to identify business trends, opportunities and customer behavior. They will be responsible for gathering data about customers, competitors, market indicators, infrastructure, regional policies and actively support the Lead generation process. This role reports into a central function and will have global focus. The Marketing Manager will also be working closely with Regional Sales Teams to support the targeted growth of Suttons.
• Identify & track the key factors and indicators which best explain the market dynamics in volumes, pricing (freight indexes / rates, logistic depot filling level, indicators of tank on/off hiring, Fuel cost, exchange rate)
• Identify new market segments & customer groups
• Lead market studies in specific business field/ Industries to demonstrate potential sales of a service for our different regions across the globe, performing valid and reliable market research including SWOT, Competitor's analysis, Marketing Mix, Evaluation of total market size and Targeted market size
• Benchmark and develop the value proposition and proper communication to customers, industry and salespeople
• Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations, converting complex data into understandable graphs, tables, and written reports
CRM & Lead Generation
• Lead the development and implementation of the CRM System to help the Commercial teams to handle important Tenders & project in a workflow mode, consolidate customer opportunities and leads
• Become CRM super user/ administrator, ensuring the tool meets and delivers the right level of efficiency, is trained and used across the globe by the sales team
• Lead monthly discussions with Regional Sales Support Team based on quote log analysis and Sales KPIs, reviewing the list of customers which could be turned into more regular customers
• Report on marketing KPIs like leads, conversion rates, website traffic and social media engagement
• Support the sales to evaluate competitor's solution vs Suttons, building up arguments in favour of ISO tanks
• Ensures company's customer PowerPoint presentations and other communication support are up to date and meet the need of different regions
• Craft and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as customer surveys, questionnaires, and online polls
• Support regional sale team to prepare for customer events & meetings
• Review of corporate website to ensure website deliver key messages and advertise key competences
Skills & Experience Required
• MBA/ MSc degree in Marketing Analytics
• +5 years of experience in similar position handling advanced analytic, strategic plans, CRM, Proven lead generation system
• Experience in complex logistic & chemical environment would be an important asset
• Proficient in market research and statistical analysis, attention to details
• Excellent analytical skills and a high degree of business acumen. Able to interpret information effectively
• Experience in mapping, segmenting market and drafting growth strategies
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Proven ability in handling concurrent projects with attention to detail and accuracy, ensuring projects tracking against set targets and timing
• Leadership to manage global projects with salespeople without direct reporting line to the role
• Solid knowledge of CRM programs
Benefits & Reward
In return, you will receive a competitive and attractive salary. You will also benefit from a company pension scheme, paid holidays (25 days + 8 bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, tech scheme and the opportunities that come with a strong, established and growing company.
In addition, Suttons provide every UK employee with access to Suttons Perks, our Employee Assistance Programme and reward platform. Suttons Perks provides discounts to 100s of top name brands, high street offers, and holidays, as well as Employee Wellbeing and Support.
APPLY NOW to register your interest in this exciting opportunity and we look forward to seeing you at Suttons!
Please note, all offers of employment are subject to valid Right to Work documentation, completion of a Basic DBS check and Drug and Alcohol screening prior to start.
This role is being handled by our Suttons Recruitment Team, therefore no agency contact is required at this time.