Who are we?
Invasion is a travel company focused on providing once in a lifetime experiences for young people. We are home to many popular brands in the sector such as Camp Thailand, AmeriCamp, Camp Bali, Invasion Weekend Breaks and Wrestling Travel. We are an innovative and vibrant company, looking for an experienced Financial Accounting Manager to join our team.Position Summary
As the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for the overall accounting operations and financial analysis, the internal/external reporting, the company's banking and credit relationships and will act as liaison with the CPA firm. In addition, the Accounting Manager will play a key role across the group and will support the CEO in planning, budgeting, and forecasting strategic financials. Finally, as part of ongoing growth, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for recommending, developing, and implementing financial processes and procedures.Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Accounting team
- Close month end for all books (accrual, bank reconciliation, revenue recognition, etc)
- Produce monthly financial statements.
- Support CEO on budgeting, cash flow and forecast
- Coordinate with CPA on VAT filing, year end review, etc.
- Maintain accounting system
- Increase efficiency of accounting process
- Oversee merchant processing setup and banking relationship
- Update, enforce accounting policy and procedures and implement new procedures if necessary
- Provide support to Program Operation Departments
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- Candidates must possess advanced spreadsheet and accounting systems skills.
- Experience with Xero and Intellibook a plus.
- Experience working with multiple ledgers and financial statement consolidation a plus.
- Experience with financial system design and implementation would be preferable.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills are needed, as well as the ability to lead across various internal organisations to achieve process improvements for both Operations, as well as Accounting.
- Full accountancy qualifications, ideally CIMA a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP required
- The position demands 5+ years progressive experience in Accounting with a minimum of 2+ years at the Accounting Manager level.
- Understands accounting principles and is able to easily discuss.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition and inter-company transaction
- Ability to multitask
- Communicate clearly and effectively both oral and written
- Able to easily analyse financial results
- Possess excel skills at an intermediate to advance level (knowledge of using formulas such as sumif, concatenate, pivot table, text to column, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills
What you will receive
- Financial Information is accurate
- Meeting deadlines
- Train, mentor and support subordinates
- Demonstrates leadership
- Implementing process improvements
- Competitive salary
- Modern and open plan working environment
- Free parking on site
- Regular feedback and evaluation of how you are progressing in the role/ develop
- Regular company events
- Staff perks with each year of service