A pan European energy investment platform are looking to appoint a Head of Financial Control. Our client invests in the development, construction, and long-term ownership of solar, onshore wind and battery storage projects.
Within this leadership position, you shall be responsible for growing the financial reporting function and work closely with a high calibre executive team as the business continues to scale.
In order to succeed within this role;
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 10 years+ experience
- Experience of energy sector and project development environment highly desirable, in particular reporting and accounting knowledge of PPAs (Power Purchase Agreements), Project Finance and SPVs.
- Proven track record of establishing and implementing effective financial and performance reporting
- Appreciation of the features of a strong control environment in a high growth international business
- Experience of working with outsourced service providers to ensure efficiency of processes and value for money
- Hands‐on experience of scaling the finance operations with proven track record of adapting to a growing and demanding business
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to;
- Lead and scale the end‐to‐end financial reporting processes the Group, including consolidation of the portfolio companies / SPVs
- Establish, standardise and improve the management reporting cycles to internal and external stakeholders including the deal/development/senior management teams, shareholders and the board, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and insight
- Develop and maintain appropriate accounting policies for the Group
- Design, implement and document internal control processes and procedures in relation with the Group's financial control environment
- Ensure tax compliance including VAT, corporate taxation and the PAYE settlement agreement with the support of the service providers
- Manage the external service provider(s); support the development of long‐term strategy of financial services providers as the Group expands its footprint
- Work with advisors to provide accounting input into the Group structuring (for tax and financing purposes) and oversees the implementation of the evolving structures in the accounting systems
- Support the annual budgeting and regular forecasting process by providing up‐to‐date financials that relate to business drivers
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. Unfortunately, we shall no be able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants.