This step-by-step programme has been designed to build up the practical background knowledge necessary to become an effective independent financial adviser.
The first step is to become a proficient administrator, supplying administrative support to a financial adviser. We will provide a mixture of in-house training and workshops to give you the skills and knowledge to perform the role.
You will be working closely with a financial adviser to attain advisory skills, through enhanced product and investment proposition training with fund managers, fact finding, questioning skills, cashflow planning, and shadowing client meetings.
This will be in conjunction with the centralized systems and processes that run alongside the planning elements of the advisory business.
For those successful after their 12th week probation, an exam timetable for attaining relevant qualifications for the advisory role will be put into action.
Specific tasks will include:
Making appointments with clients and prospective clients
• Research on the investment systems
• Preparing of client annual review and follow up
• Preparation of analysis of portfolios and funds
• Insurance provider and product research
• Process and procedure updates
• Administrative and compliance duties, including preparing cashflow reports, new recommendation packs and suitability reports
Skills and qualities required:
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
• Strong written, as well as verbal, communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Organisational and planning skills
• Financial market and funds knowledge
• Experience in a similar environment
• University degree in Business/ Finance related