Boklok is a residential developer, created by Skanska and Ikea that aims to offer the UK housing market with sustainable, quality homes for people on a budget. We have completed over 11,000 homes in the Nordics and in 2019 launched our UK business as part of the solution to accelerate the provision of new homes in this country. Our homes are fabricated off-site in a safe and dry environment using a smart and industrialised process. Our modular product, strong balance sheet and development skills combined make this a unique proposition for the UK.
We are looking for an Accountant to join our Boklok UK team. This role has responsibility for the financial operations of the Boklok UK Operating Unit (OU), and is ideal for someone who sees their career evolving into a financial controller or business partner of a housing business. It involves providing expert financial knowledge and support to the Senior Finance Business Partner (SFBP), and the OU Directors and Managers, with responsibility for delivering accurate management accounts and robust forecasting.
Boklok UK is in the start-up phase of business, so the Accountant needs to be someone happy to get 'stuck into' all aspects of the finance process. Someone who is equally comfortable performing basic accounting tasks (e.g. cash book and purchase ledger) as they are operating at a higher-level; preparing accounts, understanding and interpreting financial reporting standards, and developing financial models.
- Be responsible for producing timely monthly management accounts including variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure the accounts are accurate, relevant, and in accordance with Boklok internal, international and UK accounting policies
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts
- Manage the year end audit process
- Provide year-end statutory information as requested by the Boklok CFO
- Liaise with auditors to ensure thorough understanding of relevant accounting policies
We are looking for:
- Qualified / Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA,
- ACCA, ACMA)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills including
- Working knowledge of formulae
- Strong knowledge and ability to pick up accounting and general ledger systems (HFM / Xero desirable)
- Knowledge of international accounting policies specifically related to the housing sector
Please note this is an advert for our Job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For a full role profile or for a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact me directly at email@example.com