Until 2016, PropTech was an industry very much in its infancy. The tools available for the acquisition, analysis, and management of a property portfolio were limited, hard to use, and poorly designed. They saw the gap and filled it: a powerful, visually stylish web and mobile-based product for the acquisition and management of the real estate.
They've enjoyed a phenomenal start. The team they've created is already 40 strong and their growth plans are truly global. They launched their model X at the end of 2020 - a massive UX/UI reboot - to excellent feedback from their growing client base. They've now really proud to have a best-in-class web and mobile user experience.
A key part of this success is down to a team with deep knowledge and understanding of the commercial real estate industry. For example, their CEO and formerly Chief Technology Officer - combines the skills of being a former .NET developer with 10 years experience working in commercial real estate. Their Chief Customer Officer, previously a Fund Manager and user of the business for many years understands their clients inside out and can easily empathise with the struggles they set out to solve. they like to say that they are "built by property professionals, for property professionals" and it's not a tagline, but very much their core ethos.
They have recently been acquired by one of the world's largest pension funds and are at the beginning of an exciting period of international growth.
Finally, they just think they are a great place to work. Aside from the flexibility to work from home (apart from an in-person collaboration day once every two weeks) and the great community spirit which they encourage with team lunches and days out with the team and company, they've got a great list of benefits, from an 8% non-contributory pension to health insurance (including family) and mental-health (Spill), competitive salaries and bonus structures (which can include options). Their ethos has always been, to share any success with the team.The Role
The role is extremely varied and would include day-to-day Sprint tasks, stand-alone projects, and improvements to the UI. Additionally, there will be an element of collaborating with the rest of the team on the architectural direction of the UI.
Their product was originally built using an Angular platform but over the last few months, the team has been busy migrating them to React with great progress having already been made.
They are looking for someone passionate about working in a small but growing team to continue evolving their market-leading product using some of the latest technology available.About You
You must have or be able to demonstrate the following technical skills and experience:
- 2+ years React experience (use of hooks is preferable)
- Redux / other state management tools
- A good understanding of reusable/component-based development (ES6 modules/imports)
- A proven track record of developing performant and scalable commercial web applications
- Great problem-solving skills
The following technical skills or experience is desirable:
- Exposure to additional JS frameworks e.g. Angular, Vue
- JS tooling and deployment (WebPack, CI/CD, ESLint, Babel, Prettier)
- Responsive design and UI framework (i.e. Material UI), including cross-browser compatibility
- Testing frameworks such as React Testing Library, Jest, Enzyme, or Cypress
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI, Azure DevOps)
They'd love to work with someone who feels that they have the following traits:
- A keen interest and passion for all things dev
- An awareness of current trends and best practices
- A forward thinker
- Would thrive when working as part of a team or collaborating with colleagues across the organisation
- Has a respectful and caring attitude
- Is a confident, self-driven team player with the ability to make decisions supporting business requirements