Britishvolt is Britain's foremost investor in battery technologies. It is dedicated to supporting the future of electrified transportation and sustainable energy storage, producing world-leading lithium-ion battery technologies. Britishvolt's aim is to establish the UK as the leading force in battery technology. It is working with leading partners and suppliers to achieve this because it is of paramount importance to the future of the UK automotive industry and the overall economic and industrial health of the UK.
We are seeking a Finance Business Partner for our Operations function to join our growing finance team that will be based in Coventry, United Kingdom. Your responsibilities will include providing financial insights, and reliable data and analysis to be used in the decision-making and planning process. You will create and develop reports in the financial systems, prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly and ad hoc financial reports, assist in the preparation of presentations, dive deeply into financial data, and identify action items and effectively frame decisions that need to be made. Initially you will also support project accounting.
The Finance Business Partner will have experience in the automotive industry, possess strong leadership skills, a general knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles, great interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interact with various management levels, ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing environment, and demonstrated ability to drive projects across and organization. It is very important to have a can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial mindset since Britishvolt is growing rapidly which means that systems and processes are under development. Responsibilities Include:
- You will collaborate with the Operations Team and Finance Team to deliver end to end support and financial management for the function
- Reviewing period end financials, recommending adjustments and analysing results to establish actionable insights
- Develop relationships to become a Trusted partner of the Business team
- Establishing financial and business targets and ensure all key stakeholders are fully briefed
- Working with function leaders to understand activities and support them in achieving value and effective cost with strategic advisory and recommendations
- Provide commercial input as a finance resource supporting the management and their teams, ensuring the best use of and optimisation of resources.
- Supporting project cost monitoring
- Design and develop the financial reporting of grant funding processes
- Appraising Investment decisions in line with our Investment Policy framework
- Developing effective operating plans and financial models and frameworks
- Supporting other Business units will be required in early stages of the role whilst we build out the team
- 10+ years of experience in finance roles with a strong focus on Business Partnering
- Strong budget management experience
- The ability to interpret and assimilate multiple data sources and provide meaningful insight and appropriate recommendations and clear actions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders and communicate a variety of concept to different audiences
- Proactivity and go beyond expectations
- Exceptionally good problem-solving skills
- A can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
Culture and sense of belonging is fundamental to Britishvolt's core inclusive values. We commit to a working environment where our people's differences are respected and celebrated. To achieve the Britishvolt vision, we will build and maintain honorable relationships between our people and we closely observe the legal protected characteristics of age, disability, faith / or belief, gender reassignment, marital status, maternity and paternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.