The company: Key ESG
Companies are central to achieving a more sustainable economy, but company management teams often lack an understanding on how to set their companies on a more sustainable path. Key ESG develops tools that enable companies to integrate environmental, social and governance (''ESG") strategy into their business.
Key ESG is seed-stage funded, based in London and founded by two Harvard MBAs with a strong business network to drive commercial growth. We currently have a v1 solution live.
You'll play an essential role building out our tech team, establishing our engineering culture, processes, and technical direction. You'll work closely with the two Co-Founders and product manager.
• Architect, define & further build out our SaaS solution
• Manage and recruit front and back-end devs
• Define engineering culture by creating set of values, standards and processes
Qualities we look for
- Pragmatic ROI conversations
- Business outcomes - first mindset
- Speed - ability to ship features quickly
- Clarity of messaging with different Key ESG colleagues (tech and non-tech)
- Building experience: 3+ years of experience as an engineer shipping products. /1+ year of startup experience preferred. Highly skilled in HTML, JS and React.
- Recruiting + management: One of the core challenges is to recruit and manage a team. Ideally, you've managed a team of at least 5 people in your career so far, at least half of which were engineers.
Key ESG tech stack
Multiple frontend React applications using the NextJS framework, fed by NodeJS backend API and data stored in DynamoDB & Postgres hosted on AWS with Docker.
What we offer
- This is an opportunity to join a well-funded, early stage team
- We are ambitious and fast-moving and offer an exciting opportunity to deliver positive impact by enabling companies to effectively manage ESG performance.
- As an early hire you can have a real impact on building the success of a B2B software company, focused on the fast-growing ESG sector.
- We offer flexible work arrangements and are open to full-time or contract positions. We are remote-friendly, our core team is based in London but operates across the globe.