Are you looking for a way to reinvent the way the world learns? Do you want to push the boundaries of software engineering and product development best practices? Up Learn may be the right place for you.
Come join an international remote first engineering team based out of UK, Brazil, and India. Come lead the first product squad at Up Learn; or be a senior member of the engineering team that regularly practices pair programming and test driven development. You will be laying Up Learn's foundations for scale and building a product that successfully tackles one of the most meaningful problems there is education.About Us
At Up Learn, we guarantee students academic success or their money back. Up Learn provides the entire curriculum learning component of education, and if we're successful we'll eliminate the need for exams and reinvent education into an experience that prepares students for the rest of their lives.
We have a team-first culture we're building Up Learn into the best company to work at in the world, so that we're able to do the best possible work for our customers the students. The work we do for students today, will have a lasting impact for the rest of their lives.About You
You want to build something that makes a huge positive impact on people's lives. You care about the software you build, designing it to be maintainable. You also care about building software that has a smooth and painless user experience. You enjoy learning on the job and care sincerely about the team your work with.What You'll Do In The First 6 Months
RequirementsYou should have
- You'll help improve engineering practices by incorporating practices like test-first development and end-to-end tests in CI/CD
- You'll build dozens of new features and services from scratch
- You'll work with the product manager to help prioritize problems to solve and help identify the best solutions for them
- You'll design the architecture of at least one feature
- Strong programming basics either obtained in school or through experience.
- Experience with one or more of
- React and PHP
- React and Elixir
Software architecture and design skillsStrong ethical foundation of humility, integrity, passion, and service to society Bonus points for
- Experience being a tech lead in a product squad
- Experience with DevOps
- Highly competitive salary
- Opportunity to work remote full time as a part of an international team
- A team that focuses on consistent delivery of quality software instead of arbitrary deadlines and overtimes
- Hackathons and technology book clubs every 2 months, and weekly no-work-talk calls to have fun with the team
- Annual visit to the UK for the company annual retreat
- Flexible working hours, unlimited holidays (minimum 26 days)
One of our pillars is valuing people and we are proud to say that we are a company that supports diversity and inclusion. Therefore, we consider all candidates for our vacancies, without distinction of race, color, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, etc.