xDesign is an award-winning digital transformation and software agency based in Edinburgh and Leeds, on a mission to build the best digital products. We work closely with our clients, to make things for the likes of Heineken, FanDuel, Money Supermarket Group, Tesco Bank and more. Our reputation for high-quality, robust and thoughtful solutions has enabled us to scale to over 100 people in the last few years.
Our designers are key to delivering the great user experiences that make for successful products. We're looking for mid-level product designers who can bring what they know to our team, and learn with us as we grow. We are looking for designers who understand that UX and UI go hand-in-hand, and have strong skills in both conceptualisation and execution.The Role
At xDesign, you'll do great work for well-known clients, bringing your knowledge and expertise to the fore at all stages of the product lifecycle. You'll be balancing client business requirements with user needs. You'll be at the heart of shaping elegant, thoughtful and delightful experiences alongside our product owners and engineers. You'll have the chance to work at all stages of the double diamond, making sure we design the right things and design things right.
This role sits on the product design team, and reports directly to the UX and Design Manager.Responsibilities Include
- Carrying out research and user interviews
- Working out user flows and information architecture
- Designing interface elements and components
- Developing wireframes, screens and prototypes
- Communicating designs to developers
- Documenting and sharing ideas, history and rationale
You might be a good fit for this role if you
- Care about designing the best possible products for users
- Have big ideas, a great eye and impeccable attention to detail
- Are a quick learner who thrives on variety
- Think deeply about design, from product, to interaction, to perfect pixels
- Have great communication, collaboration and presentation skills, including the ability to explain your ideas clearly and persuasively
- Have a positive, solution-focused mindset
- Have worked in-house or in an agency making digital products
- Are a UX & UI designer with a few years of experience under your belt
- Skilled in Figma
- Experience designing for native apps
- Agency experience
- An understanding of design patterns for behavioural change
- An interest in the business value of design
We are a full-service agency that designs, develops, delivers and evolves digital products. That means we do everything ourselves in-house, with our trusted and experienced teams across a range of disciplines. You'll work as part of a specialist team with your fellow designers. You'll also work on project teams to design and deliver products with engineers, product managers and delivery managers.
It's dynamic and full of variety, with the chance to work with lots of different colleagues on exciting and challenging projects. We deliver Agile projects with our colleagues whilst striving to cultivate a studio culture in design. That means we ship on time - but we still get our pens out, draw when we need to and paste things on walls. We do our best to be remote-first, so everyone feels an equal part of the team, no matter where they are.A designer's perspective
"xDesign has been a great place to work! I've learnt so much in the time I've been here and really feel like a valued member of the team. The place is full of friendly, like-minded people, who love to dig into a problem and produce their best work. The company really takes care of their people; supporting them to work flexibly, encouraging their career development, and always listening. If you're looking for somewhere to boost your career and enjoy your time at
work, then I'd give xDesign a shot!"ValuesZero ego
You won't find big egos here. We are equals, no matter what our job title is.Grounded
We stick together no matter what, we are positive under pressure and laughter is essential!One team
We see people, not resources. Different experiences and backgrounds make us stronger and help us towards better results.Curiosity
We are curious and continuously strive for better solutions. We speak up and share our ideas, with no judgement.Trust
We are open, honest and value learning from one another's feedback.Benefits
This position is open to UK based REMOTE workers.
- A competitive salary.
- 32 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible parental leave.
- Personal development and progression plans.
- A Macbook Pro and more top tech to facilitate your role.
- A dynamic and energetic environment.
- Regular in person and online social events.
- YuLife employee benefits (including discounts for personal health and fitness equipment and experiences)
Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.How To ApplyTo apply, send us your portfolio of case studies
This should demonstrate your strengths as a designer and explain how you have been involved in the projects presented.Please send this along with an up to date CV and a cover letter
outline why you want to join xDesign and why you think you'd be a good fit for this role.