SYNETIQ is the UKs leading integrated salvage and vehicle dismantling company - formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry.
A fast paced, progressive business, SYNETIQ leads the way in raising industry standards and continually innovates ways of working, to deliver great value, ensure complete compliance and a fantastic experience.
It's a really exciting time to join us as we have ambitious growth plans and a team of passionate people delivering sustainable motoring solutions for our both our B2B and B2C customers.
With over 16 sites and lots of growth, we are looking for an experienced Plant Maintenance & Facilities Manager to join our HSEQ Team and develop a centralised approach to all things plant maintenance and facilities. Overall Purpose of Role:
This role is responsible for centralising and overseeing all plant maintenance and facilities management activities, colleagues & contractors across all sites within the organisation.
The right candidate will develop and embed centralised Plant & Facilities maintenance systems and procedures ensuring full compliance with relevant regulations and providing an efficient and cost-effective service to the business working in partnership with all relevant key stakeholders.
This is one of those exciting opportunities that don't come along that often - a chance to make a real difference in a fast paced, friendly environment with a business that puts sustainability at the heart of everything we do. Key Areas of Responsibility, Activities & Tasks Involved Plant Maintenance & Facilities Management
Maintenance & Regulatory Compliance including ISO - Environmental Management
- Centrally coordinate all plant maintenance and facilities management activities such as plant machinery, upkeep of buildings, landscapes, vehicles, fit out of offices/workshops, gatehouse security teams, alarm fitting etc.
- Leadership & Line Management of all plant and facilities personnel (on payroll, contractors, relationship management with suppliers etc.)
- Recording all aspects of any budgeting/costs, maintenance schedules, relationship management, preferred suppliers lists etc.
- Ensuring a comprehensive and preventative maintenance programme is in place to cover planned works to both buildings and plant
- Identifying and supporting maintenance project work and budgetary requirements
- Conducting regular plant and site inspections
- Managing the work of outsourced suppliers in-line with service level agreements and KPI's, including assisting with wider procurement initiatives
- Advise and support compliance to CDM regulations where required
- Maintain an understanding of future requirements to forecast and plan anticipated capacity growth
- Manage the setup, take down, communication of plans of different events/projects e.g. new racking
- Perform troubleshooting to solve minor repair issues, respond accordingly to any emergency call outs
- Manage and deliver on any business and departmental objectives and KPI's
- Ensure all necessary procedures and relevant documentation is up to date and accurate
- Management of plant and facilities maintenance, contractor management process and document retention for all aspects of Plant Maintenance & Facilities Management
- Building lasting professional relationships with key stakeholders such as internal Operations Managers, Yard Managers, providers of services such as alarms/security/fire safety etc.
About You - Ideal Skills & Experience Required:
- Support the compliance and achievement/retention of ISO standards e.g. ISO14001/9001/45001/27001/50001
- Responsible for the legal compliance with regards to certification, documentation, asset maintenance and repair including but not limited to the following:
- Repairs - electrical / mechanical
- PUWER - Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Building management e.g. RRFSO requirements, Legionella, Asbestos
- LOLER - Lifting Operations and Equipment Regulations
- L8 Water Management Regulations
- RRFSO Fire Safety - Fire Door & Fire alarm testing and Fire risk assessments
- Electricity at Work/Fixed Wire Testing & PAT - Portable Appliance Testing.
- Support the Risk assessment and SSOW process to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and adherence to necessary control measures
- Respond to hazard and near miss reporting and supporting solutions where relevant
- Support managers in the completion of Accident investigations & RCA where relevant
- Plan and carry out inductions for contractors and advise job owners in the collation of documents i.e. RA, SSOW, insurance, job plan and any additional requirements
- Oversee and plan in the testing of fire alarms and access systems
- Ordering of maintenance supplies
- Dealing with and supporting issues involving insurers or external parties e.g. Health & Safety audits
- Auditing periodically at all sites (stop audits & planned workplace inspections)
- Be the point of contact and liaise between Site Operations Managers and Contractors
- Work in partnership with Managers to ensure a robust induction is delivered for all Contractors
- Previous experience in a maintenance management and or maintenance compliance role
- Excellent communication & influencing skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to liaise with stake holders at all levels
- Previous experience of delivering Health and Safety inductions
- Previous experience of project management
- Able to demonstrate an extensive working knowledge of operational, contractor and maintenance management
- Relevant qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH/CDM)
- HNC/ HND level engineering (Electrical/Mechanical) qualification
- Project Management Qualification
- Full UK Driving Licence and willing to travel around all our sites
- Consultative style with the rest of the business
- Methodical and diligent in approach/paperwork etc.
This is a really exciting time to join SYNETIQ having recently gone through a merger, with lots of growth on the horizon driving business improvements through effective procurement, systems, process and people management. As this activity is currently devolved in all legacy sites and systems, creating a one stop approach for all things plant and facilities will be a great challenge for the right person and an area that any improvements made will be visible and measurable quite readily, and a service our Operations Managers require, so this is a great chance to make an immediate impact for the right person.
Great place to work, attractive package depending on experience, continued professional development, flexible working culture and discounts on parts and vehicles!