Binnies (formally Black and Veatch UK) is recruiting experienced Chartered Civil Engineers to join their Water Services teams based across the UK to join or growing Water Consultancy business.
We promote flexible working arrangements in terms of location, hours and working pattern to suit individuals lifestyles.
The team consults, delivers and manages Critical Human Infrastructure projects in the Water and Flood Risk Management sector for clients including The Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales, Local Authorities, Water Utility Companies.
The candidate for this role should have an aspiration to follow a technical career, and have experience in the appraisal and design of civil infrastructure schemes.
The willingness to travel to Client offices and project sites is essential.
• Undertake the role of Engineering Manager to co-ordinate packages of work within budget and to programme to meet the Client's requirements
• Principal Designer under CDM15
• Ensure Binnies QA process is undertaken for technical review of deliverables including Final Design Review by Chief Engineer
• Understand project scope and identify contractual change
• Understand the customer's basic and performance needs
• Lead project teams to undertake feasibility assessments, optioneering, outline and detailed design, liaising with internal teams such as ecology, geotechnical engineering for input into design. • Provide technical advice to engineers and graduate engineers
• Balance the priorities of multiple projects
• Assess the technical risk of projects Principal Civil Engineer (Eng 5) Flood Risk, Reservoirs, Water Utilities
• Provide clear and concise deliverables appropriate for the intended audience
• Cooperate with the Project Manager and Regional Delivery Director.
• Keep up to date with national and industry guidance
The role is suitable for a Chartered Civil Engineer (preferably through the ICE, though CIWEM would be considered).
You should possess and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
• Professional Qualification (CEng, C.WEM)
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• Good grades at A-Levels in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subjects and/or Geography
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of internal professionals, and third party asset owners, stakeholders, technical officers and contractors
• Motivated to work on flood and coastal risk management, reservoirs and water projects, experience in at least one of these fields is required
• Experience of working on projects at appraisal, outline design, detailed design and constructions stages is preferable
• Experience of producing flood risk assessments would be advantageous
• Ability to manage budgets and programme control for engineering deliverables
• Ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple priorities
• Ability to manage and co-ordinate resources and processes
• Ability to design, plan and organise tasks
• Collaborative individual that helps to build strong effective teams
• Ability to liaise with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business
• Ability to effectively present technical solutions to a wide range of audiences in a variety of means
• Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving as an individual and as part of a team with a desire to find a solution
• Excellent attention to detail
• A high level of computer literacy - knowledge of AutoCad and GIS would be advantageous
• Be driven to support and mentor others to develop and improve technical skills
• Be driven to advance your career.
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible benefits e.g. buy/sell annual leave, varying pension contributions, options for private healthcare