This is a hands-on technical role, and its main purpose is to build, implement and support Cloud infrastructure hosted in Microsoft Azure. You will be responsible for technical support, providing troubleshooting maintenance and support for the Application infrastructure. You will work with vendor and suppliers to provide technical expertise for project implementation and support as well as working closely with the project engineering teams to help develop efficient support process and controls.
Goal is to generate value and benefits for the customer, by engaging with developers, solutions architect and DevOps support for activities normally associated with data product development. Specifically, by suggesting new tools, processes, or ways of working which enhance the user experience, reduce inefficiencies (effort, elapsed time, or cost), eliminate risk, etc.
• Working within the Platform Engineering team to deploy, install and configure resources in Azure environment.
• Configure services in Azure cloud environment, service integration, and creation/modification of automation and pipeline scripts.
• Perform system deployments with an expert level understanding of components, their collective functions, and operation interdependencies.
• Creating clusters, IP masking and subnets for network configuration and access management
• Interpreting and implementing platform architectural designs for data products
• Continuously review platform implementation to optimise cost and deliver value to business
• Manage multiple stakeholders and collaborate with different principal contributors
• Leading and supporting application and infrastructure planning, testing and development
• Designing and Implementing monitoring solutions for critical points of failure
• Work with, and adhere to, customer operational IT processes (Incident, Problem, Change Management, etc.)
• Build good relationships with other groups in the wider ecosystem (Customer, 3rd parties and vendors)
• Contribute & Lead continuous improvement by generating or delivering ideas
• Imparting knowledge to less experience colleagues and leading project implementations as required
• Update and expand solution / process documentation - both self-help articles for users and IT support elements
Skills / Behaviours
Some skills and behaviour are expected for success in the role. These are not limited but includes the following.
• Expertise in Azure DR, backup, public cloud networking, storage, Automation Accounts, Runbooks, Webhooks, Azure
Monitor, Alert Management, Update management, log Analytics and Azure Operations Management Suite (OMS).
• Expertise in Azure App Service, Topics, Service Principles, Event Hubs, Azure Key Vault, and large-scale blob storage.
• Experience working with Azure PaaS/Serverless technologies like WebApp's, Azure functions, Azure Redis Cache,
Service Fabric, logic app, Data Bricks, Data Factory.
• Proficient in scripting with PowerShell, ARM Templates and Bash.
• Skilled with implementation and configurating Native Azure API Management gateway
• Skilful experience in managing and optimizing Azure SQL and SQL Access Management.
• Skilled experience with administrating Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating system (preferably RHEL).
• Practical implementation with Azure Authentication (AAD) and authorisation protocols (RBAC, PBAC & ABAC)
• Configuring and administering network technologies, DHCP and DNS
• Experience with Azure DevOps using CI/CD tool and following Agile best practices.
• Good understanding of IT security and IT compliance.
• Ownership, Collaboration, Customer Primacy, Continuous Improvements
• Communication skills (Written, Active Listening and Verbal)Experience & Knowledge
• 10+ years of proven experience in Systems Administrator/Infrastructure Support or Application Support.
• 5+ years of proven experience with Microsoft Azure Implementation and support.
• Configuration and management of services and virtual instances within an Azure secured subscription. This will include (but is not limited to) a full understanding of policies, virtualization/Kubernetes, services, roles, and deployment automation.
• Provision dev/test/prod infrastructure as code using Azure CLI and related deployment tools. Understanding and working knowledge of deployment sources such as DevOps repos and known image repositories.
• High level skillset and experience with deployment automation and updating of existing environments from dynamic code bases.
• Expert level experience with GIT, source code, build scripts, ARM templates, and software deployment solutions.
• Build and Manage Azure DevOps pipelines for CI CD and Release Management workflows
• Opensource advocate with extensive history of problem-solving using industry standard opensource systems and software.
• Virtualization and micro-services architecture deployment within Azure.
• Experience with containerisation using Docker or Kubernetes (AKS)
• Expertise in the usage of deployment tools/techniques such as Terraform, Helm, Flux, and docker core commands. The scripting of these technologies into an automated deployment solution is also required.
• Relevant Azure Cloud certification and proven experience in high level and complex configuration.
• Security and Authentication (AD) experience that includes SSH, networking, permissions, services, firewalls, and exploit detection and prevention.
• Proven experience in an enterprise environment and a full understanding of cloud-based restrictions and corporate policy-based hardening containing secure running systems and services.
• SME level knowledge of Cloud storage and scaling of existing environments combined with a high-level understanding of demand scoping and solution performance.
• Expertise with installation and configuration of software such as Elasticsearch, NoSql databases, ingress/egress controllers.
• Proficiency enabling systems for fault tolerance and redundancy within the Azure Cloud environment.
• Ability to understand the Data Domain Context and Business Requirements
• Adequate knowledge of Ticketing Management tool (Service Now)
• ITIL service management framework (Incident, Change Mgt., Service Request etc.)
• Ability to perform the role of platform architect as required
• Experience creating or contributing in the creation of technical documentation
• Proactive working style, looking for and embracing innovation
• Positive "can-do" attitude. Results oriented with a passion for new technologies and challenges.
• Team player with an assertive attitude to communicate best practices and decision reasoning.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
• Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
• Responsive to new challenges and changes in direction.
Any Other Relevant Information
• Candidate will need to be a leader, self-starter and integrate with the wider team while working remotely as applies