Birdie is a pioneer in social innovation. Our vision is to build a society in which we all age with confidence. With a rapidly growing ageing population, overcrowded care homes and social care services under water, we're facing a social crisis. We 're on a mission to reinvent care so that older generations can live longer, healthier and happier in their own homes, surrounded by their families and their communities. We use digital products, cutting-edge home connected devices and AI to empower the care community to deliver better, preventative care
Launched in 2017, Birdie is a team of socially motivated care, health, product and tech entrepreneurs. We were nominated one of the top 10 UK startups to watch, the SME with the best culture in the UK and was in the 2020 Business Cloud Top 50 Start Up's list. As of May 2021 we have raised an additional £8.2 million in our Series A funding led by Index Ventures.
We are building the organisation of the future that will not only improve the lives of millions of older adults but also of our team members, our communities and will protect the environment. We demonstrate our values in everything we do. We care; we succeed together; we grow individually and strive for excellence; we are smart, brave and ambitious; and we nurture fun and a little quirkiness.Your mission
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will define and bring to life the new Birdie offerings. You'll lead our customer research so that we deeply understand our users and what pains they seek to solve, and what value we bring to them. You'll manage our positioning to speak to our customers' needs, and you'll own our messaging and drive demand and adoption of the product. You'll work with the goal of delighting our customers at every opportunity.
At Birdie, we believe that product marketing is about getting people to understand not just what we are building, but why they should care about what we are building.
As a talent of our company and an entrepreneur at heart, we want you to drive collaborative projects with other teams (sales, marketing, product), continuously share the feedback you gather and your innovative ideas and suggestions.What You Will Be Doing
RequirementsWe'd love to hear from you if...
- Create go-to-market launch strategies including messaging and positioning - plan and create content for our product experience, including sales materials, blog content, website updates, and product tours
- Evolve our positioning - including developing our answers relating to who the Birdie product is for, what is its value, and why it's different from what's out there
- Lead internal communication and training on customers and product features - provide other teams with the user insights, positioning, and messaging they need to succeed
- Drive demand and usage of products and features - working closely with design, acquisition, customer care and other teams to boost revenue opportunities
- Improve our understanding of our customers and competitors - through defining the target market, gathering feedback and insights, and distilling that information down
- You have 3+ years of experience in product marketing or brand management, ideally in a high growth startup environment
- You are passionate about knowing your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your strategies.
- You are incredibly good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and strategy. You can also play copywriter and know good work when you see it.
- You are creative and have a keen eye for details as well as a good analytical mind.
- You are an exceptional communicator with strong interpersonal skills to drive and motivate a team with diverse backgrounds and skills.
- You are very autonomous and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, but also know when to ask for advice or support from the wider team.
- You are passionate about products improving people's lives and solving a societal issue.
You've read this blog postBenefits
We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. We strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team's happiness, wellbeing and growth✨ Compensation
Our salary packages are competitive and always above market average; we provide discretionary share options. For this role, we have a base salary of £42k +/- dependent on skills and experience. Flexible
With Covid-19, we have decided to be a fully distributed team with Birdees working across the globe. As long as you're +-3h from GMT, you can work from anywhere you want and with flexible hours. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers. If you want to come to our London based office, you're most welcome of course! L&D budget
Growth is key. You'll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts Base holiday
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off⚕️ Private health insurance
Private health insurance with Vitality that covers many physical and mental health costs☀️ Gym and wellbeing memberships
Gym membership and numerous other wellbeing perks and discounts via Vitality Cycle to work scheme
Birdie will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months Parental Leave
Highly favourable parental leave policy for any new parent (we believe we must address the gender gap pay by fostering equal parental leave policies regardless of gender) Pension employer contribution
Birdie contributes to your pension⛷ Frequent Company Socials, Trips And Meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips) Exceptional culture
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The Birdie Way to learn more.Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don't hesitate to contact us.