Are you an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant with strong transactional and management accounts experience ready to step up into a management role in a fast growing and ambitious hospitality startup?Do you want to grow and progress with the business, build a team under you and learn from the best?
We are on the hunt for a Finance Manager to take control of the accounting and financial reporting of a fast growing hospitality startup and act as a business partner to the operations team. If successful in the role, we expect the Finance Manager to be progressing to Financial Controller within 18-24 months. The Finance Manager will report to, and be mentored by, the Head of Finance.
Once on board, the Finance Manager help recruit an Accounts Assistant to assist in the transactional elements of the role and this will be their first direct report. The Finance Manager will be responsible for undertaking and managing the day-to-day accounting function, driving added value through generating insight from performance analysis, business partnering the operations team, and supporting the Head of Finance on ad-hoc projects.Main duties:
- Undertake, manage, and review transactional postings (postings will be reduced as our various system automation go live and the Accounts Assistant is recruited)
- Lead the month-end close process to enable timely and accurate reporting to senior management
- Prepare weekly P&Ls and trading updates for each site and provide an update to senior management and stakeholders
- Prepare monthly management accounts and undertake KPI/margin analysis to drive efficiencies and identify opportunities to increase revenue
- Lead in the annual budgeting process, regular forecasting, and cashflow management process with support from the Head of Finance
- Manage the statutory audit from start to finish and own the relationship with the auditors, to include preparation of the financial statements with support from the Head of Finance
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns for review
- Act as a Business Partner to the operations teams and become the main point of contact for all operational finance queries. This will involve working with teams on site to help identify where value can be added/costs reduced.
- Assist the Head of Finance in ad hoc projects e.g. new site feasibility modeling, setting financial strategy, contract negotiation, etc
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting/cashflow management
- Strong understanding of accounting under UK GAAP
- Desire to learn, develop, and progress towards Financial Controller
- Ability to effectively prioritise to ensure all deadlines are met
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Apply now to learn more about this Finance Manager job role in London. I'd love to discuss this role further with you.