We are a busy, independent, small animal practice based in Somerset, UK offering a caring and personal, gold standard service to clients and patients alike. With an excellent range of diagnostic and monitoring equipment (including ventilators) in our newly refurbished and extended practice premises, we pride ourselves on providing the very best first opinion veterinary service.
We are based in the heart of the Somerset countryside in the UK, close to the coast, with excellent transport links to Devon and Cornwall as well as the rest of the country including Bristol, Wales, London and the Midlands, being just 5 minutes from J23 of the M5 motorway.
Whilst the location boasts the best of the beautiful British countryside it also benefits from all the amenity provided by our nearest town Bridgwater (just 5 miles away), the County Town of Somerset, Taunton (just 15 miles away), the world-renowned town of Glastonbury and the beautiful historic cities of Bristol and Bath (within 35 miles), consequently we have the best of all worlds!
The clinic boasts a variety of species specific consult rooms, waiting areas, comfortable treatment lounges as well a dedicated, private client care room. Our brand new theatre suite includes 2 x spacious op theatres, a diagnostic room, a dental suite and a large central prep room.
As an ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic (Gold Standard) we pride ourselves on keeping species apart wherever possible and have separate Canine and Feline/other wards, in independent wings of the practice. Our cats enjoy various spacious, comfortable kennels including a walk-in kennel. Likewise, all Dog wards have large walk-in kennels also.
The clinic benefits from a combination of air purification, cooling and heating system and air conditioning throughout.
- Full-time, Permanent Position.
- Generous Salary commensurate with experience.
- 42.5 hour week over 5 days with a combination of early, mid and late shifts.
- 1:4 Saturdays - 8.00 -13.30 remaining on call for OOH throughout that weekend with TOIL.
- 1 x weeknight OOH Call out.
- No phone duties.
· CPD funded & encouraged to Certificate Level.
· 5 x days CPD leave
· Clinical freedom with a high level of support from the whole clinical team.
- RCVS & VDS fees paid, plus extras.
- 5 weeks Holiday + 8 x Bank Holidays.
- Clinical interests encouraged and supported.
- An Enthusiastic, friendly individual who makes patient and client care their first priority.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Accomplished and Confident Individual.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please send your CV and a covering letter to Natasha Jowett, Practice Manager - email@example.com