Welcome to Curve Analytics! We're an analytics consultancy that supports organisations across the world grow though seamless application of data, analytics and strategy. Our services cover
- Analytics Advisory We work in close partnership with business and technology leaders to transform analytics across the organisation
- Analytics & Data Science Development We develop, industrialise and embed solutions that drive advantage through analytics
- Research and Insights We deliver inspirational insights to answer organisations most strategic business questions and challenges.
Our mission is to help apply the most relevant advanced analytics and machine learning techniques so brands can understand what their consumers really need and what they really want. We've experienced rapid growth so far - expanding our team from 3 to 30 people in 2020 and we are now looking for a great Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team.What You'll Be Doing
You'll play a crucial role in designing, building and productionising innovative data pipelines, in the cloud, from scratch. You'll work on a mix of small proof of concepts and larger projects, both of which pushing the boundaries of what we can do with data; finding and using novel data sources and APIs, and enriching them with leading analytics, data science and AI methods.
Your role will be twofold. You'll be working directly with our London-based client-base, as well as helping to shape the future of our fast-growing start-up and to support the development of our great Junior Data Engineers. You'll lead the delivery of development projects, and use your experience to increasingly guide our technology work and people.
We'll let you challenge yourself, from your core of data engineering to support our data science and DevOps work, to grow your cloud architecture and engineering knowledge, and to understand the business and strategic impact of your great engineering work - to whatever extent suits you.
You should be passionate about developing industry first data science and analytics capabilities and have an innovative and creative mindset.Key Responsibilities
What We're Looking For
- Lead technical delivery, taking ownership for designing and building innovative data solutions
- Work with a mix of public cloud services, from a core of Python and Spark in Azure, to bring together best-in-class technologies to meet our client's needs
- Shape the development and rollout of cutting edge analytics programmes, providing technical expertise and leadership skills
- Develop and deploy automated code pipelines, from data acquisition through cleaning and preparing data for modelling, through to visualisation
- Help to productionise machine learning models
- Work closely with a great programme team - project lead, data scientists and analysts - and interface with client technology counterparts
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, processing efficiency and quality of our data output
- Deploy pipelines in cloud environments and develop as a cloud technologist, as our world becomes increasingly reliant on cloud technologies
- Produce detailed documentation and champion code quality
- Interrogate rich data sources such as social, search, surveys, reviews, clickstream, sales, connected devices and beyond
- Identify and explore opportunities to acquire new data sources that deliver innovative perspectives to our clients
- Work with increasing autonomy to shape the data engineering and technology work we do now and in the future
Nice to haves or excited to learn
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an applicable field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Maths or similar Science or Engineering discipline
- Professional experience developing data solutions in cloud environments such as Azure, AWS or GCP - Azure Databricks experience a bonus
- Experience with designing efficient physical data models/schemas and developing ETL/ELT scripts
- Strong Python and other programming skills (Spark/Scala desirable)
- Experience both using and building APIs
- Strong SQL background
- Some exposure to big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, etc.)
- Works well collaboratively, and independently, with a proven ability to form and manage strong relationships within the organisation and clients.
- Ability to support others and clients in understanding and applying technical best practice
- You proactively identify issues and opportunities for our code, methods, practices and team to be better and resolve them
- Fluent / Native English
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Experience of software development, CI/CD pipelines and/or other DevOps practices and principles
- Experience utilising social listening tools and / or search / web analytics tools
Here are some of the benefits Curve employees enjoy.
- Competitive Salary Salary is important and so we pay competitively versus other consultancies.
- Annual Leave 25 days holiday per year plus bank holiday
- Annual Bonus Our Annual Bonus is based on company and individual performance.
- Learning, Development & Certifications Development is at the heart of everything we do. You will be able to create a Personal Development Plan, benefit from internal trainings and be able to take external courses and certifications.
- Generous Pension You can expect to receive a very good pension contribution.
- A Positive Company Culture We take a proactive approach in fostering a positive and supportive work environment where everyone can grow and thrive. We also have a vibrant social culture with frequent social events and wellness initiatives!
We're looking for someone who has a proactive attitude, is comfortable working with some ambiguity and who loves to solve problems with their inquisitive nature.