To support the commercial underwriting team in accordance with the business plans and within delegated underwriting authority, as agreed within the binder agreements.Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Skills and abilities needed to perform role
- Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems.
- Assist with underwriting commercial business in accordance with Company and Underwriter requirements.
- Contribute to assist & improve efficiency of the underwriting process.
- Ensure that brokers settle their outstanding balances within the agreed credit terms.
- Exercise personal skill sets and personal knowledge for the overall benefit of the commercial team.
- Participate in applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) as appropriate.
- Ensure that service levels to clients / insurance brokers is of high standard.
- Ensure all dealings are carried out with integrity and professionalism.
- Act in utmost good faith, in accordance with Company and/or Group policies and never risk the Company's or Group's reputation.
- Develop positive relationships with brokers.
- Take care of incoming enquiries from clients, insurers and third parties.
- Handle assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required.
Successful Candidates will have
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and methodically
- Strong communication skills
- Efficient and highly organised
- Pro-active and strategic approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to work within a team environment and also on own initiative
Compliance & Regulatory Responsibilities
- A knowledge of the insurance industry (former placement is helpful but not essential)
- Passion, be willing to learn and keen to progress in their career
- To remain compliant with FCA requirements at all times.
- To acquire appropriate approvals to ensure compliance with company policy, procedures and regulatory requirements/rules, with regards to data protection, money laundering etc.
- To share ideas, best practice and other information within the team.
- Evidence that in all aspects of the business process, priority is placed on treating customers fairly.
- Meet all proficiency requirements by undertaking training and following agreed principles, policies, processes and procedures.
- Identify and refer any actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- Identify and refer any breaches, potential risks or non-compliance to line management.
- Ensure that own performance, HR and Training and Competence records are up to date and meet the Company's requirements.
- Maintain accurate records and deal with correspondence appropriately.
- A-level, ideally in a numerate subject area
- Completion of CII Cert/ studying towards full CII qualifications preferred but not essential