You will help us define best practices for Project and Programme Management and implement these across the organisation and the Technology group. You will provide transparency into the performance of our portfolio, deployment of resources, achievement of milestones and delivery of benefits, as well as identifying interventions necessary to drive improved performance. The role includes:
- Portfolio Management & Reporting - Maintain, track and report on our portfolio of projects and programmes to ensure we are delivering to our Customers and Learners. This includes defining data-driven metrics and KPIs to monitor the performance of our portfolio.
- Executive Reporting - Develop impactful data-driven executive reports for technology
- Project Management Standards - define and implement project management standards for the technology organisation. Identify opportunities to improve project delivery performance through Project Management capability development and process optimisation.
- Roadmap Integration - Maintain an integrated set of programme roadmaps for each business line, including technology, identifying and highlighting dependencies between programmes
- Benefits Tracking - Work with Finance Colleagues to define, implement and operate a benefits tracking framework for technology projects and programmes and provide insight into benefits realisation
- Resource Assignments - Provide transparency into resource assignments to activities, including third parties, and develop and implement processes to allocate resources to activities.
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
- Assist and advise leaders, managers, and teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment
- Act as a reference point for PMO queries and information and an advocate for best practices in project management
- Provide assistance to maintain and update the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support a PMO
- Assist with establishing PMO stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework
- Maintain compliance with internal standards
- Develop positive relationships with managers and staff to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training
- Assist in managing enterprise level resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels
- Experience developing and maintaining an integrated set of roadmaps for interdependent technology projects and programmes.
- Experience defining and implementing project management standards.
- Experience in change portfolio reporting from project to executive levels
- Process improvement.
- KPI development and reporting.
- Experience designing, implementing and embedding new ways of working.
- Experience in a global PMO across a large complex technology portfolio
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferred
- Project Management certification (e.g. PMO, CAPM, PRINCE 2 preferred)
- Formal education to degree or equivalent.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Credible and confident with the ability to persuade and influence senior level stakeholders.
- Collaborative team player.
- Strong drive and tenacity.
- Innovative, flexible, agile, pragmatic, dynamic and committed to excellence