Who are we?
Passionate about food? Fascinated by robots? Join Karakuri.
We are a small, passionate and creative team building robots for restaurants and food industries and we're having a lot of fun along the way.
Our teams work across robotics, mechatronics, software and embedded systems.
Our technology stack is legacy-free and we're bringing the benefits of the latest software technologies to the exciting world of robotics and industrial automation.What will you do?
As a Senior Software Developer, you'll be helping us create a complete distributed system for our cloud platform and robotic machines.
Depending on your experience you might also be leading an area (or areas) of Karakuri's software stack, including
- Back end software for remote machine control.
- Robot control software.
- Integration with 3rd party platforms and APIs.
- Data collection and analysis tools.
What we need you to have
It would be a bonus if you have
- 5+ years of experience in building complex production-grade Software systems.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Concepts and Design Patterns.
- Expertise in at least one of the following programming languages Go, Java, C++, Python, Erlang. Experience with Go is preferable.
- Strong experience with TDD methodologies.
- Proven experience in building high quality, secure, high performance, fault-tolerant and scalable systems.
- Experience working with teams using version control software.
- Strong experience working with Linux environments.
- Experience working with containerised environments.
- Experience working with AWS, Google Cloud or Azure infrastructures.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical area is preferred.
- Experience of agile development flows.
- Experience working with robots
- Experience with gRPC and protobuf.
- Experience in designing network protocols.
- Experience in concurrent programming.
- Experience in mentoring and inspiring teams.
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks
- Company Stock option scheme
- Good contributory pension
- Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
- Monthly social events!
- Weekly team lunch.
- Flexibility around working
- And of course, you'll get to play with our robots...