At MarketFinance, our vision is for entrepreneurs to have the time to build the world we all want to live in. Frictionless access to funding helps make that happen. So, we provide entrepreneurs with the right business finance to solve their cash flow issues that get in the way of progress.
Our smart online platform was built from the ground up with entrepreneurs in mind, Over the last 10 years we've continued to innovate and enhance our products and services enabling us to gain investment from Barclays Bank, Santander Innoventures and Northzone (the investors behind Spotify, Zettle and Trustpilot) and others. But it's not all about technology, one of our biggest assets is our team of bright, talented and motivated people from all over the world. It's one of the things our customers rave about on Trustpilot, and one of the best things about working here.
We're a team of bold and adaptive thinkers who have the courage to challenge and improve access to finance. We are one team, working together to help power up small businesses.Our Company Values Are#MakeItHappen
We're focused on getting the important stuff done first. We don't get bogged down in long emails and lots of meetings, we find solutions (they're out there!) and get it done!#AlwaysBeLearning
The only constant is change we embrace change and learn. We ask and listen for feedback, and always provide it too.#1Team1Dream
We always put the whole company first - when we succeed collectively, we all succeed individually. Everyone has a voice, we listen to each other's opinions.
Hear from our Co-Founder, Anil Stocker, on his favourite MarketFinance moment https //medium.com/@anilstocker/my-favourite-momen...THE ROLE
Our Risk team sits at the heart of the business, helping to develop new products, meet the needs of our customers, and develop world-leading risk-based pricing models.
As a Risk Analyst for Invoice Finance you will play a key role in shaping the risk management capability of our Invoice Finance and Business loans portfolios - i.e. risk underwriting, monitoring, lending policies, end-to-end credit processes & procedures and developing our decisioning tools.
With your experience of lending to UK SME's, you will provide timely, high quality and commercially driven risk decisions
to ensure that our business goals are maximised without compromising on Market Invoice's strong reputation for risk management.What You'll Do
- Underwriting credit applications for Invoice Finance (selective invoice discounting & confidential invoice discounting) and unsecured business loan facilities under personal delegated mandates, demonstrating sound judgement and strong commercial awareness across a wide number of sectors.
- Provide strong analysis and evaluation of credit and financial data (commercial & consumer) and other information to determine the suitability of UK SME businesses for invoice finance and unsecured loan facilities.
- Ensure timely completion of all credit applications within agreed service levels.
- Structure IF facility proposals based on the quality of the book debt collateral and financial strength of the client
- Be responsible for the ongoing risk management, monitoring and control of a portfolio of IF clients
- Work closely with the Audit & Survey Team to ensure field examinations are conducted in a timely manner and focus on the key relevant areas of the business.
- Identify and monitor "watchlist" accounts and review requests for forbearance.
- Support the collections and recovery team with impaired case management.
- Undertake retrospective reviews of delinquent accounts to establish key learning points or to identify changes in risk approach.
- Assist the Sales and Customer success teams with risk related queries.
- Be actively involved in wider projects, such as Open Banking or product development initiatives.
- Make recommendations for the ongoing development of systems, processes and business practices to provide improvements in efficiency and capacity.
- Shape and develop our credit processes to deliver fast, efficient and robust decisions within agreed risk appetite parameters.
- Provide coaching, advice, development and guidance for colleagues across the business as well as key business introducers on our risk parameters.
- You have relevant professional experience in risk management in invoice finance (either with a specialist provider or invoice finance division of a larger financial services organisation).
- Have a very strong knowledge of invoice finance risk in an underwriting, audit & survey or IF client management capacity.
- You're analytical, with a strong understanding of the key collateral and risk drivers specific to SME's
- You're independent, well organized and with a "can do" attitude
- You work hard and are passionate about achieving great results
- You pitch-in and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty
- You are data driven, and get things done
- You're excited by the challenge of revolutionising business finance
At MarketFinance, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. Things move quickly in FinTech and that's all part of the adventure. Our benefits include
- Hybrid working culture with a split between remote working and access to an office in the heart of Shoreditch
- Competitive salary and best-in-class share options scheme
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
- Mentoring from industry leaders and the opportunity to make an impact at one of Europe's foremost Fintechs
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
- Enhanced parental leave
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited e-books
- Training budget
If this amazing role excites you, then get in touch ASAP
W e will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.Our commitment to you
MarketFinance is constantly working to maintain and improve our inclusive, friendly workplace. We ensure that both applicants and our people receive unbiased treatment without discrimination on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or any other protected characteristic.How will we use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes.
We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit our website at https //www.marketinvoice.com/terms-and-conditions
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org