Our Cloud Engineering role is diverse, challenging and dynamic. If you are looking to broaden your experience and raise your profile, this role is for you. Not only will you be working with all three major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP and Azure) but also other key emerging Open Source technologies such as Kafka and Kubernetes. Working closely with development teams, you will be implementing best practices around continuous deployment and scalable infrastructure. As part of a team, you will have the opportunity to work with major software, services and client organisations - across multiple industries.You are...
When it comes to delivering on the possibilities of Cloud and DevOps, you know your stuff. And now, you're looking to broaden your experience and raise your profile.
This is a hands-on, exciting opportunity to excel in emerging platforms, technologies, major software and services, to deliver serious results for some exceptional clients. You count curiosity, tenacity and pragmatism among your strong points, and are equally enthusiastic about sharing, explaining and exploring ideas. You embrace learning new tools, techniques and approaches.
If you're passionate about having the freedom to use the right tool for the right purpose, and staying at the forefront of open source emerging technologies, then this is the role for you.RequirementsYou already have a solid understanding of...
Other Desirable Skills...
- Designing secure, resilient and scalable cloud architectures on Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Configuration management with Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Infrastructure automation with Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Containers and container orchestrators Kubernetes, Istio
- Infrastructure and application delivery with Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, TeamCity
- Linux userspace and a good knowledge of shell scripting
- Programming in Go, Python, Java or Ruby
BenefitsWe'll give you...
- Enterprise microservice development
- Cloud data engineering (streaming data, NoSQL)
- Machine learning
- Monitoring and system observability
- Cloud security and compliance
- History of client facing or consultancy roles
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to peers and clients
Need more reasons? Heres a few more...
- A highly competitive basic salary
- 5% matched contributory pension
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 25 days' holiday plus public holidays (plus and extra day for each year of service)
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- A high spec laptop (of course!)
- Work with some of the most exciting new technologies
- Spark off co-workers who'll challenge your thinking and help you to achieve your potential
- Deal openly and honestly with customers - whilst we partner with innovative technology providers, we never resell and remain independent
- Benefit from a transparent environment including regular company meetings where we discuss anything and everything
- Have exceptional opportunities as a speaker, blogger and contributor to open source projects. We have some great connections in the wider technology community that we encourage our team to make the most of!
- Work alongside senior leaders who understand and value passionate technologists;
- Enjoy coming to work! We're a friendly, sociable bunch who genuinely support each other and have a lot of fun