This role is to provide architectural and design guidance, by example, across all functions in the Infrastructure and Data Engineering function. This includes cloud platforms, automation, telemetry with a sprinkling of Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps, BI&A, Data Warehousing, Data Pipelines with a sprinkling of Data Governance. The ideal candidate will have hands on expertise in all of the functional areas identified above, combined with a proven track record of collaborative working on technical solutions.
This role reports to the VP of Infrastructure and Data and will be a key member of this supportive team - spearheading the technical strategy and implementation of these key common frameworks and services. The challenge is high, but you will be surrounded by peers eager to help and be part of an ambitious, high-performing, high-fun culture. And on top of creating amazing tech - you will be working to solve issues in the Healthcare sector that will benefit and enrich the lives of thousands!Main Responsibilities And Duties
- Collaborate with the existing technical product teams to understand the requirements for cloud platforms, automation, telemetry, data warehousing and data pipelines.
- Create and maintain the pragmatic and cost-effective architectures required to service these requirements.
- Perform a mix of hands-on implementation and consulting on implementation and maintenance of these solutions by the Infrastructure and Data development teams.
- Contributing to the long-term infrastructure and data strategy for HealthHero
- Represent Infrastructure and Data at the HealthHero architectural guild.
- Serve as the technical authority for solutions provided by the Infrastructure and Data development teams.
- Provide technical coaching to Infrastructure and Data development teams.
- Provide technical input into Infrastructure and Data development roadmaps.
- Lead technical evaluations of proposed open source and 3rd party solutions.
- Support adoption of Infrastructure and Data solutions throughout the organisation.
- Work with leadership to create a high performance, low ego, collaborative and open culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
Headquartered in London, HealthHero marries human expertise with digital convenience to provide fully holistic virtual healthcare. Built on the foundations of established companies with proven sector and country expertise, combined with best-in-class digital technology, HealthHero is now the largest digital healthcare provider in Europe, delivering 24/7 access to doctors and expert clinicians wherever and whenever it is needed via a suite of tools including video calls, online chats and phone.
HealthHero is on track to build one of the largest digital health players in the world through a combination of buy-and-build and scale up of an existing portfolio through organic execution. While there are multiple small players with specific offering in digital health, we have established that there is a very significant opportunity to build a scale player that provides a holistic, integrated offering in virtual primary care. The market timing is compelling, and the need is pronounced across multiple segments- some we are present in and others we are entering through further acquisitions. HealthHero currently operates across UK, Ireland and Germany and is backed by pan-European investment house MARCOL.
We are looking to build a high calibre team to deliver this plan.Requirements
- Prior experience architecting and implementing cloud platforms, automation, telemetry, data warehousing and data pipelines.
- Proven track record of technical collaboration with and influencing of infrastructure and product engineering teams to achieve buy in for new solutions.
- Good understanding of high-level architecture across infrastructure, application, data and integrations.
- Good communications skills, happy to present up to and including Exec level.
- Good team player, no politics.
- Educated to degree level or above.
Core Abilities We'd Expect From a Successful Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in an infrastructure role in a fast-paced digital business or an organisation of significant scale where digital business models form a significant part of the operation.
- Must have a proven track record of architecting and implementing complex and strategic infrastructure and data solutions for online organisations.
- Must have experience of critically evaluating open source and commercial products.
- Must be used to working in a high-scale cloud-based technology organisation.
- Must be a champion of a DevOps engineering culture.
- Successfully working alongside Product, Data, Service Delivery and Project teams.
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles in engineering and product/design.
- Agile software development practice.
- Developed communication skills, ability to negotiate internally and externally and at all levels.
- Excellent understanding of wider industry context & trends, both technical & product
Some extra info that's important to us
- Pension scheme
- Access to HealthHero healthcare services
- Medical Cash Plan
- Discount schemes
- Extra Holiday Day for your Birthday
- Free Breakfast and snacks in office
We welcome applications from all sections of the community as an Equal Opportunities employer which means we're ready to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process should you need it, please just let us know.