Bimorph is a London-based digital engineering firm providing specialist design-delivery solutions to Architects, Engineers, Building Contractors, and Manufacturers. Our work ranges from improving workflow efficiency by developing custom apps for widely used construction software, to solving highly complex building design problems using software engineering and computational design techniques.
We are a successful start-up forging a reputation for developing high-end digital design solutions that gives our clients a significant competitive advantage. Since launching in 2015, we've grown rapidly with an international client-base that includes some of the largest organisations in the construction industry. We provide highly innovative software engineering solutions which are transforming the way buildings are realised and we are looking to find talented individuals who share our vision to join our team.Role
This role is ideal for an experienced computational designer/BIM or software engineer looking to progress their career in a highly innovative field that seeks to change the way buildings are designed and delivered. Candidates who possess an innate ability to analyse and improve workflows, utilise geometry, mathematics and computer science to solve building design problems, increase building data output quality, and ultimately save time and money by developing custom software solutions, will thrive in this role.Why Join Bimorph?
We believe in modern, flexible working which is why we offer working-from-home and discretionary working-from-abroad to our team. We also believe strongly in career progression and ensure your skills and knowledge are nurtured and expanded through our code-review process and cutting-edge technology projects. We also offer a generous bonus scheme and 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) per year. Responsibilities
You will be spending most of your time solving technical building design and engineering problems, and supporting our clients. You will be expected to:
- Deliver high-quality software applications that maintain company standards
- Drive software engineering solutions from conception to delivery and implementation
- Develop software solutions for complex building design problems
- Utilise computational design expertise to support and inform software development
- Support our existing client base and their teams
- Support and maintain various software applications developed by Bimorph
- Investigate new methodologies and tools for modelling techniques
- Develop User Interfaces (UI) using WinForms or WPF
- Strive for software engineering excellence and collaborative processes
- 3+ years of professional experience working in Architecture, Engineering, Building Contractor, or Manufacturing sectors Utilising computational design/BIM.
- 3+ years of software development experience using C#, IronPython and the .NET framework.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to apply geometric, mathematical and computer science concepts to solve building design problems.
- Strong knowledge of the Revit API and RhinoCommon.
- Excellent software development standards utilising SOLID and DRY design principles.
- Knowledge of software design patterns and ability to apply them to your software architecture.
- Knowledge of version control and team-based working using GitHub.
- Ability to work in an agile environment using Azure DevOps.
- Ability to collaborate with our other software development teams.
- Able to prioritise duties and work under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently as part of an effective team.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Flexible attitude.
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
The following skills are good to have but not a requirement for the role:
- Strong interest in software engineering and development, geometry, and applied mathematics.
- Desktop and web UI and UX development experience.
- Strong programming skills using PHP, Java, TypeScript or similar.
- Knowledge and experience of Autodesk Forge API's.