DescriptionFront End Software DeveloperSalary - Competitive
Are you an excellent Front End Developer looking for a new opportunity? Our team ay Huboo is growing and this exciting opportunity could be just what you are after for your next challenge! As a Front End Developer, you will be working in a high-paced, frequently evolving environment to assist Huboo in meeting its technical goals. You will need to address the entire software development lifecycle: to analyse the needs, and then design, test, and develop software to meet those needs.
You will create, maintain, and update a variety of projects and applications, taking responsibility for the delivery of individual development tasks or pairing with other developers to ensure they are efficiently completed.
You will be required to debug existing systems, diagnose problems, offer and implement solutions. This may take the form of responding to support requests or being given tasks to diagnose and/or fix known problems.
We are a young technology led ecommerce fulfilment company, focused on helping online sellers grow their business by providing global fulfilment, we are VC funded and continue to grow at a rapid pace.
You will be joining a young and dynamic team in our offices in Bristol. We are looking for someone with lots of enthusiasm with a desire to learn and succeed, a focused mind and a "Can Do" attitude.Key Responsibilities For a Front End Developer
RequirementsKey skills needed for a Front End Developer:
- Produce well-designed, clean code based on specifications that is testable, efficient and scalable
- Write and maintain high-quality unit and functional tests
- Creating a component library to be used across application estate
- Mobile-first development mindset
- Maintain and enhance existing codebases by identifying opportunities for improvement, peer review code changes, making recommendations and designing and implementing front-end architecture
- Rely on monitoring and feedback systems to correct software defects
- Improve system quality by adopting common patterns, and develop standard engineering practices
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Advise and assist testers on the best way to ensure your code is of the highest quality
- Collaborate with colleagues and other teams to implement technical designs
- Investigate and use new technologies where relevant
- Integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Front-end development skills in frameworks particularly Vue.Js/VueX
- Very strong with CSS / SASS.
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol
- REST API development and integration
- Experience with test driven development and an understanding of basic automated testing techniques esp Jest.
- A strong understanding of agile techniques and ability to work in a team within Agile frameworks
- Appreciation of UX and UI design.
- Solid knowledge of Object Orientated programming concepts and patterns
- The ability to use recognised design patterns in the appropriate places
- An understanding of the cloud technologies available to developers
- Debugging and code profiling experience
- Solid knowledge of Docker to perform day to day developer duties
- Microservices and containerisation (Docker), Kubernetes, AWS
- Basic understanding of web server technologies such as Nginx
- A good understanding of Git and branching strategies
BenefitsWhat do we offer for our Front End Developer?We have a strong company culture, a fantastic work environment amazing new office in Bristol (there will be a roof terrace, bar, fully working kitchen and a load of other good stuff) and will (when COVID-19 has gone) run regular social events - so if the job looks right for you, then come and join our thriving team. We are constantly improving the way we do agile, so as a part of the team, you will be expected to contribute to helping us figure out how we can move forward, delivering more business value in less time with happier, motivated teams.
- Experience in designing and maintaining SQL and NoSQL databases with the abilty to write optimised, performant queries
- Understanding of DevOps as a culture
- Understanding of SOLID principles
Huboo's skills and our Values applicable for our Front End Developer:Integrity
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- An excellent working environment in Central Bristol - We are happy to pay for relocation from the UK
- Free health insurance (optional)
- Casual dress
- Company social events - paid to party events (we love to party!)
: You are honest with your opinions and what you think needs to be done and with your own ability. Transparency is important here, and we expect our employees to be open and honest.Ambition
: You are driven, hardworking and passionate in what you do.Innovative
: You are creative and think outside the box. Problem solving and using your initiative is very much encouraged.Solidarity
: You can build strong and trusted relationships, thanks to your approachable, friendly attitude.About Us
Founded in 2017, Huboo was created by e-commerce sellers for e-commerce sellers. Martin Bysh (CEO) and Paul Dodd (CTO) found that the demands and struggles that came with picking, packing, and shipping their products was becoming impossible. They considered outsourcing their fulfilment but could not find a company that allowed them to remain in the driving seat of their growing business.
Paul and Martin soon created Huboo's unique Hub Model.
Huboo was then founded. Huboo is not like any normal fulfilment warehouse, we have a specific Hub Model, which allows our Hub Managers to take ownership of their Hubs and be the point of contact for our clients. They are not only pickers and packers but are also account managers too. Huboo work with client selling through eBay, Amazon, and other channels. We are the fastest growing e-commerce fulfilment company in the UK and are looking for a Front End Software Engineer to join our exciting journey!If you feel you have the right skills to join the team at Huboo as our Front End Software Engineer, then apply straight away for this great opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time