Mast is solving one of the most important problems in lending. Founded in 2020, our mission is to empower mortgage lenders and leverage technology to enable them to focus on what they do best - lending. An oligopoly of technology suppliers provide a handful of systems that are outdated, get infrequent updates and are painful to customise. Lenders are frustrated and ready for change.Mast is building cloud-native mortgage technology to help lenders process more mortgage applications in less time
. We want to help lenders get to a mortgage decision faster and more efficiently, transforming the buying journey for the consumer.
How we win in this market we move fast. That means going monolith first, using TDD, CI/CD and extensive automated testing to prevent defects, regularly pushing to production, and offering a multi-tenant SaaS product instead of deploying 'on-prem'.
Our core platform is Rails running on Heroku (with an appetite to spin out separate services when we need to). We also use Bootstrap, Vue.js for more complex front-end pieces, Sidekiq, Redis, RSpec, Capybara, and several AWS services including Aurora and S3. Our code lives on GitHub, we use Semaphore for CI, and Heroku manages our deployments. We track our work across Pivotal Tracker and Basecamp.
Most of all, we need to have a tight feedback loop and listen to it. Engineers are part of the product design process, and we want you to be an active contributor to our product roadmap and work with our customers to make our products delightful.Responsibilities
You'll work closely with the CTO to lead the engineering effort on the Mast platform - scoping user stories, participating in sprint planning, and writing and deploying great code.
We're very much inspired by the Pivotal Way.
- Work with the founding team to ideate on and build the Mast platform
- Write thoughtful, high quality code - using TDD where possible
- Proactively maintain and improve our codebase
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from kickoff to completion
- Lead product improvement drives, and independently identify potential product improvements
- Help us build our internal processes, including technical architecture, release management and hiring
- Evaluate and onboard technical hires
- 4+ years experience in web application design and development
- Strong experience with our core tech stack Ruby, Rails, and JS front-end frameworks
- Strong experience creating and deploying complex web applications that are scalable, manageable and performant
- Experience writing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests in RSpec
- Working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Willingness to pair program on occasion!
- Experience of pairing, Agile, TDD
- Knowledge of banking/finance
- Previous experience at a startup
- Pension plan
- Flexible working culture (office in central London)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Equipment budget
- Learning & development budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Donuts every Thursday
- Salary Range £65000-£75000
- Stock Option Plan
We can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. Mast. is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.