Based in: City of London - Worship Street/Remote
Amelco are a Fast-Growing Technology Company providing trading solutions to three top UK online gaming companies while delivering market leading sportsbook development including automated, algorithmic sports betting trading solutions.
We are in search of a highly motivated Database Administrator (DBA) who will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. You will be forward thinking and a lifelong learner. You will be customer obsessed and embrace rapid innovations in technology. You will thrive in a fast-paced global environment with constantly changing priorities and work proactively to solve potential problems and be able to manage your own workload in line with Agile working methods as well as contributing to team projects.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity requirements are met
- Modify the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Hands on experience and knowledge of postgreSQL
- Effectively able to analyse business processes for strategic requirements of business and enable delivery of practical results.
- Experience scripting in Bash, Python and Tableau
- Proficient in breaking up advanced-level information into useful information.
- Analytical skills.