Potter Clarkson LLP is one of the leading pan-European Intellectual Property law firms, with seven offices across the UK, Denmark, Sweden and Germany.
We offer clients a full IP service to support them in achieving their commercial objectives. We pride ourselves in the exceptional level of client care offered by our approachable and engaged team.
We have over 80 patent and trade mark professionals and 10 IP solicitors, who are expertly assisted by over 100 support staff and state of the art IT infrastructure. We have adapted to remote working seamlessly during the coronavirus outbreak, and have continued to provide unparalleled service to our clients as well as retaining the social culture of our friendly firm.
In 2019 we were awarded the Investor in People Silver Award as recognition of the importance we place on the professional development of our people. The firm is consistently ranked in the top tier of major legal guides, such as Legal 500 and MIP. We also hold three independent ISO accreditations which evidence our high level of environmental awareness, service provision and information security.
We are committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance, and supporting the wellbeing of all our people. We offer a wealth of health and wellbeing benefits and resources including healthcare, attractive flexible working options, sports and social groups, virtual yoga and mindfulness sessions, a virtual wellbeing hub, mental health first aiders, and a busy social calendar.
Due to this exciting period of change of expansion the firm is going though, we have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Software Developer to join the team at our Nottingham office. If you're ready for the challenge we'd love to hear from you.The Role
As a Lead Developer you will take well defined Requirements and User Stories, and turn them into clear technical solutions. You will work alongside a team of Developers to deliver those solutions, taking ownership of the quality of the team's output through a combination of code review, mentoring and learning and development. You also will help ensure the testability, maintainability and consistency of the code follows best practices.Requirements
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following attributes/skills
- A confident, hands-on, full stack developer;
- Extensive experience with web technologies including Angular and ASP.NET Core;
- Fluent in .NET coding languages and T-SQL;
- Passion for following and disseminating best practice;
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate a technical team;
- Passionate about developing industry-leading solutions;
- Experienced in leading developers to deliver high quality code at a pace;
- Contributes ideas and can clearly articulate and sell them;
- Recognises the importance of knowledge sharing - bouncing ideas around with the team for the best result;
- Builds consistency across the code base;
- Can manage own time and delegate efficiently;
- Working with the Head of Software Delivery to manage project resource effectively;
Benefits enjoyed by staff within the firm include a competitive salary, matched Pension contributions, Life Insurance, 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days with length of service, birthday leave, staff bonus scheme, healthcare for the individual and family members, full flexible and remote working opportunities, travel loan scheme and a cycle to work scheme.