Company DescriptionAbout us
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.Job Description
Our dedicated 'Smarter Investments' team combines strategy, economics and financial expertise and experience to help secure investment in public sector infrastructure and technology. We have a market-leading reputation for securing agreement to high-profile investments and delivering high-quality, cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Our team has developed business cases for £50 billion of public sector investment over the last three years, including:
- Highly contentious hospital estate redevelopment, supporting public consultation through to decision making
- Technology-enabled adult social care across local government
- A new delivery model for the driver theory test, fit for the digital age
- Complex weapon support programmes
- The redevelopment of a major London train station
We are looking for consultants who have a good understanding of business cases and their practical application in both the design and delivery of complex transformation programmes within the Public Sector, including central and local government, healthcare, transport, defence and/or delivery organisations. You will have a passion for using your analytical skills to support evidence-based decision-making aimed at maximising the benefits realised through investment in public services.
The successful candidate(s) will need to think strategically, interacting with senior clients to communicate technical concepts in a compelling and accessible way. You should be familiar with business case methodology and some experience of using financial and economic models. You will have a strong track record of working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver tangible outcomes.
Sound interesting? We're looking for Consultants to join the team.Essential
- Understanding of the HM Treasury Green Book and business case approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to balance strategic, big picture, problem solving with detailed analysis
- The ability to apply sound logic, backed up with appropriate analysis, to support decision-making and recommendations
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
Experience within one of more of the following areas:
- Developing large (>£100m) business cases for capital investment in the public sector
- Better Business Cases™ accreditation
- Use of MS Excel and other modelling tools
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Additional InformationInclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on [email protected]