Management Accountant | Fast Growth E-Commerce Start-Up | LondonThe Client
Harmonic are working on a retained basis with one of the UK's fastest growth e-commerce start-ups. They have both a B2C and B2B element and are financed by a host of well-known Angel Investors with a Turnover of circa £6m.
Following a recent £7m Series A raise and exceedingly strong sales during Covid (B2C grew by 300%) they have invested in three state of the art warehouse facilities to drive rapid expansion in both the UK and US. Turnover is currently growing at 100% per annum with plans to more than double in 2021 and 2022.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the business as they have started trading in a number of US states with sites opening on both the East and West Coasts. Their high-end service is endorsed by a who's-who of A-List celebrities that have also invested in the business.
The position will own month-end, management accounts and day-to-day Finance with a route to step up to Finance Manager in 6 months
At present the team is working from home and there will be continued flexibility, but this person will be required to attend the warehouse facility in West London from time to time.
Culturally they have an incredibly ambitious and proactive team with a genuine passion for what they are building. The business has a typical 'start-up' feel - fast paced but lot's of fun! While the brand is certainly high-end, luxury the vibe is certainly one of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.The Role
Supporting the Head of Finance, the Management Accountant will be the second hire in Finance. They will own month-end, Management Accounting, the streamlining of day-to-day Finance and play a key role in improving FP&A and providing business partner support to every area of the business.
It offers fantastic breadth for learning and rapid progression as the business scales with the opportunity to get involved in extensive ad-hoc projects and the chance to build a team in the mid-term.
- Manage the production of Management Accounts with insightful financial analysis and commentary
- Manage month-end (accruals, prepayments, posting adjustments etc) and the production of monthly management accounts
- Ensure accurate management of Finance Operations including AP, AR (multi-currency) and Credit Control working to automate and increase efficiencies
- Increasingly take ownership of the production of forecasting, planning and budgeting
- Manage balance sheet and bank account reconciliations
- Oversee the production of accurate cost reporting and cost of sales analysis
- Support the improvement of stock reporting and KPI analysis
- Business Partner with Non-Finance stakeholders to provide decision support and financial analysis
- Support the completion of VAT returns
- Support the Head of Finance with the setup of international entities and ad-hoc projects around fundraising
- Continuously improve and implement new processes and systems alongside the Head of Finance
Preferred Backgrounds/ experience:
- Excited by fast paced environments and start-ups
- Experience completing month end and producing management accounts
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Real desire to learn and progress quickly
- Newly Qualified Accountant (or Finalist ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Demonstrable experience of 'going above and beyond' and improving processes
- Experience in e-commerce, retail, fashion, FMCG or physical products
- Prior experience in a start-up (any industry)
- £48,000 - £52,000
- Study support if necessary and route to promotion in 6 months
Please get in touch at email@example.com
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ