We are looking for an experienced Senior RF and mmWave System Design Engineer to join our fast-paced, innovative Active Circuits Engineering team. Reporting to the VP of Microwave Circuits, you will be responsible for designing, simulating, implementing and verifying the circuit and sub-system line up from Antenna to Bits.
As Senior RF mmWave Design Engineer, you will work with a multi-disciplinary cross functional team to execute the overall product and system. The overall design cycle will be a mixture of internal and external design, verification and development and you will be expected to be well versed in independently managing such development flow while meeting scheduled deadlines.RequirementsExecution Experience
- Have a proven industry track record of taking a radio system line up from concept to production.
- Have a proven record in qualifying the radio sub-system as per regulatory requirements.
- Is adapt at working with cross functional team for the project execution.
- Is adapt at quickly building Radio system prototype using a combination of Custom and COTS part either through EVB lash-ups or through PCB implementation.
- Is adapt at defining the test and verification plan and then executing it
- Well versed in Design analysis and simulation of RF system performance
- Cascaded chain analysis for Gain, Noise Figure and Linearity.
- Frequency planning - Mixer Spurious and Filtering requirement
Well versed in various transceiver architectures like Zero-IF, low-IF and super-heterodyne and trade-offs associated with itIn-Depth understanding in RF system design and trade-offsIn-depth understanding RF and mmWave radio board design.Good understanding of key parameter of RFIC such as LNA, mixer, PA, VCO, BeamformerGeneral understanding of Integer/Fractional N PLL/frequency synthesizer.General understanding of data converters (ADC/DAC, Nyquist and Oversampled and sub-sampling scheme).General understanding of the DC, Bias Control, Sequencing, and familiarity with PMIC.Well familiar with Test Instruments and ability to own measurements
- PNA, Spec Analyzer, Oscilloscope, VSA
- Scripting and automation
- Follows first time right execution approach.
- Phased array and Satellite Communication Experience.
- Must be able to document and present their work concisely
- Team player and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver the product on schedule.
Isotropic Systems is a pre-revenue start-up, working on cutting edge technology in the satellite communications industry. There's a lot of hard work (and sometimes long hours) involved to get the job done. You'll do really well here if you have a great work ethic, are passionate about delivering innovation and want to be part of something truly groundbreaking.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package (salary, bonus and equity) and a culture that recognises and rewards your contributions. We operate out of serviced offices in Central Reading (less than a 5 minute walk from the station) and are growing fast, doubling our headcount in the last 6 months with more to come. We are passionate, respectful, creative, bold and have high integrity. We are Isotropic!
Isotropic embraces diversity and inclusion! We celebrate it, we actively seek it out, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. Isotropic is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that Isotropic Systems Limited operates a strict PSL and to be fair to our suppliers we do not operate outside of this. We do not accept speculative CV's from agencies and they will not constitute an introduction.