The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for leveraging advanced-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support Enterprise and Regional accounts with significant impact on software revenue. Further to this, this role will drive product requirements for the next generation of EM solutions from OnScale, in addition to helping customers to solve complex engineering problems using OnScale platform. This role provides technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process as well as post-sales customer success supportResponsibilities
- Lead/Assist in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity such as customer meetings and product presentations, demonstrations and evaluations
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of a customers' current infrastructure, operations, and engineering workflows
- Create and demonstrate simulation solutions to streamline customer workflows, in support of the software sales process.
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance OnScale solutions, presales/sales enablement, customer succuess, and professional growth
- Responsible for articulating OnScale value proposition, which may encompass its entire suite of products.
- Instruct introductory and/or intermediate training classes on the usage of OnScale simulation products
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex engineering and business problems by working across various teams and understanding the needs of our customers
- MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or other discipline with emphasis on electromagnetic fields, radar or wireless systems and 3 years of industrial experience in the electronics industry segment. A BS in Electrical Engineering with more than 5 years of relevant industrial experience in the electronics industry segment will also be considered.
- U.K. Citizenship or Permanent Resident
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering software environment
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of commercial CAE, CAD, EDA software packages such as HFSS, CST or other EM tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Industrial experience related to radar, antenna design, millimeter wave circuits or wireless systems.
- A solid understanding of the basic principles of electromagnetic fields and RF circuit design such as filters, impedance matching networks, amplifiers and mixers
- Possesses the knowledge of radio-frequency electronic circuit analysis, microwave components and antenna design, or signal integrity and power integrity analysis.
- PhD degree in a relevant field is preferred qualification
- Familiarity with PZFlex and/or OnScale Lab simulations
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering software environment is a plus
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 30% (post-COVID)
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise
- Attractive startup atmosphere flat hierarchies, independent work environment, and lots of amazing things to deliver
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and provide the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology and help them to be better at what they do
- Generous stock option plan in a pre-IPO Silicon Valley startup
- Up to 15% annual bonus (subject to board approval)