Viota Ltd are developing a small form desktop computer that packs powerful computing into a minimal design. As a small form factor, dual monitor desktop computer, the Pi-Cube is more than capable of creating and editing documents, dealing with emails, collaborative working with Slack, Asana, Trello, Office 365, Google Workspace etc, whilst taking video calls with Teams, Zoom, Google Meet or Skype. Surfing the web, playing retro games or watching your favourite videos on Youtube or other streaming media, is delivered in up to 4K resolution with dual screens making all the difference to productivity or fun.
Working closely with the founder and CEO of Viota, you will get hands-on experience working within the field of software development, gaining valuable insight and transferable skills that are valued across almost any industry. Training will be given where required, we have a fully remote company structure and you will be joining the company at an incredibly exciting time.
Our Kickstarter will be given the opportunity to help develop a brand new computing product designed for the working from home lifestyle. We're looking for a young software engineer to help develop software that will be used on our new product. The job role would be to develop software for product testing and post manufacture of the product. Also to document the build and assembly process for one off product derivatives. For instance a Music Server based on the core Pi-Cube product.Responsibilities
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
The role is remote based and the candidate will have support from our CEO to ensure they feel comfortable in their role. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with the software development life cycle and will be given the opportunity to help develop high-quality, innovative and fully performing software, run testing and catalogue the design process. The skills learned are transferable to any role entailing software engineering and development and will provide the kickstarter with an excellent opportunity to develop their career in a competitive industry.Requirements
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- The candidate will need to have skills in coding languages such as Python and be familiar with the Raspberry PI ecosystem.