Join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team of world-class scientists, engineers, and developers focused on building the Future of Engineering
Our team comes from BioMed, Aerospace, IoT/MEMS, RF, and many other engineering disciplines. Our plan is simple build the world's best Cloud Engineering Simulation Platform
. That means developing the best multiphysics solvers (FEA, CFD, and other solvers), the best optimization algorithms, the best on-demand, scalable Cloud HPC system, and the best GUIs, Plugins, and Workflows.
We thrive on accomplishment, we move fast as a team, and we're looking for rockstars
to join us.
Because Application Engineers (AEs) operate at the intersection of the Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing departments, they must possess strong communication abilities, excellent mathematical modeling and numerical simulation skills, and the capacity to facilitate teamwork across departments.
Application engineers are a uniquely talented in both customer service and detail-oriented analytical tasks.Core Skills
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Skills - proficient in either/both FEA and CFD
- Coding skills specific to modeling and simulation - Python, MATLAB, Jupyter, R, Excel/GSheets, Macros, etc.
- Project management abilities and proven track record of keeping projects on time and on budget
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problems solving skills
- Strong communication and customer facing skills
- Ability to independently generate compelling engineering content (e.g. webinars, blogs, etc.) for Marketing
- Ability to effectively collaborate across teams
In order to provide applications and software solutions that satisfy our customers, an Application Engineer performs many different tasks.Develop Simulation Workflow Solutions
Application Engineers are responsible for designing, developing, and implementing engineering workflow solutions - for example, workflows to create CAD, automatically setup simulation parameters, execute simulations in parallel on OnScale's cloud engineering simulation platform, and post-process resulting simulation data to extract engineering insights. AEs must be able to independently analyze customer problems/challenges and craft solutions that solve key pains. AEs also perform prototyping, application tests, and code reviews to ensure product releases are satisfactory.Improve Existing Software
AEs are OnScale's "First Customer". AEs are responsible for continuously evaluating and testing OnScale cloud simulation products and provide invaluable user insights back to the Product team. AEs perform debugging, testing, code improvement, and UI/UX design tasks. They work with Customer Success and Quality Assurance teams to optimize software products and ensure OnScale always exceeds customer expectations.Provide Technical Support
Application Engineers must provide prospects and customers with ongoing technical support. This support includes responding to customer issues, providing updated software that solves bug issues, performing installs for customers, and working with the Customer Success team.Assess Customer Base and New Market Opportunities
OnScale is a thought-leader in Cloud Engineering Simulation. In order to maintain our thought-leadership, our AE must continuously monitor and analyze evolving customer needs and challenges and make recommendations to the Product team to stay ahead of our competition and quickly fill gaps in a very dynamic market. New engineering domains like the merger of Simulation and AI (SimAI) will forever change how engineers engineer, and our AEs must stay on the bleeding edge of these revolutions in engineering.Required Qualifications
Desired Qualifications, Not Required
- BS or MS in Aerospace, Structural, Mechanical, Civil Engineering (or similar) required with 1-5 years experience in modeling, simulation, and design
- Knowledge of OnScale and competing products like Rescale, COMSOL, Ansys, SolidWorks Simulation, etc.
- Expert finite element analysis skills including statics, dynamics, kinematics, strength of materials, shock and vibration, thermal management and stress analysis
- Experience with CAD packages such as Onshape, CATIA, SolidWorks, PTC Pro/ENGINEER, UGS
- Knowledge of 3D geometric modeling techniques and standards such as ACIS, STEP, IGES, GDSII
- Proficiency in applying mathematical modeling concepts to analyze and optimize mechanical and thermo-mechanical stresses of metallic and plastic materials
- Ability to travel, work independently and/or within a collaborative team structure
- Positive, self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Highly organized with critical attention to details
- Proficient in Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides (or Legacy Desktop equivalents like Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills.
- Authorization to work in the UK required (OnScale can sponsor visas for exceptional candidates)
- MS or PhD in Relevant Engineering Field
- Familiarity with OnScale's SimAPI programming language (similar to Python)
- Experience with acoustic and MEMS devices, sonic and ultrasonic transducers
- Experience with CFD, especially Lattice-Boltzmann Method (LBM) CFD
- Experience with MEMS, sensors, and semiconductors modeling (EDA) and simulation (SPICE)
- Domain expertise in FEA software like ANSYS, Abaqus, COMSOL Multiphysics; Altair HyperMesh for preprocessing.
- Experience writing code in an object-oriented language such as Python and C++
- GUI development experience
- Competitive Salary
- Pre-IPO stock option grants
- Full medical insurance coverage
- Vacation PTO (based on level/experience)
- Perks - Meals/Snacks, Lunch-N-Learns, Beer Wednesdays, Frequent Team Building events
OnScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.