Join us and help the world's leading brands to solve their queuing problems during the Coronavirus pandemic and beyond...
We are a successful and fast growing B2B SaaS company offering a market-leading platform to enable enterprise retailers and banks to manage queues and to accept appointment bookings for in-store and virtual appointments. Our clients are based all over the world, including Samsung, Tesco, Specsavers, Burberry, Pandora, NatWest, Standard Chartered, IQOS and many others.
At present, we're saving time for 35 million customers through our platform! During the pandemic, customers have appreciated our software more than ever because not waiting in a queue makes them feel less at risk from the Coronavirus - having this impact on the world has been amazing.
This has led to an even greater surge in client demand.
As a result we are hiring a new mid to senior-level backend developer to join our growing team of developers creating game-changing cloud-based technology that makes life better for our clients and their customers.
You will report to our CTO, who has now been leading agile development teams for more than 9 years. Our tech runs on Amazon Web Services, and our intelligent backend is built using Java 8 and 11, our beautiful frontend is built in React and React Native. We have a desktop browser and iOS and Android apps. We also use MySQL to persist data, Ansible and Kubernetes for deployment and Prometheus and Grafana to visualise our systems and applications.
Currently we're all working 100% remotely with team members based across the UK, Europe and USA and occasional (optional) in-person meet-ups in London. We believe that building a diverse team while ensuring everyone's safety, convenience and happiness is key to creating powerful technology. We're taking ongoing feedback from the team to assess what in-person working and social arrangements will work best in the future.Responsibilities
- Working within one of our product Agile scrum teams
- Building both essential and innovative features that adds value to the users in our client's businesses and their customers
- Taking part in sprint meetings, retrospectives and team stand-ups
- Contributing to and reviewing user stories, requirements and design documents and new features within Atlassian's Jira and Confluence
- Writing thorough and robust functional, stress and performance test cases
- Collaborating with the QA team to investigate and resolves issues before deployment. We encourage our engineers to see their code all the way to production.
- Taking part in quarterly company hackathons or game days used to quickly developer innovative product concept
- Strong backend application experience
- Java (Java 8/11)
- Play Framework or Spring Reactive (WebFlux) (or similar frameworks)
- MySQL, JPA/Hibernate
- RESTful API's, swagger
- Highly responsive concurrent web services
Front-end development experience nice to have
- React / Angular.js
Experience with Cloud hosted applications a plus (everyone is encouraged to be involved in the release and management of our applications)
- AWS and Linux experience
- Serverless / Lambda
- Memcached, RDS
Experience with micro-services architecture is a nice to haveKnowledge of Continuous Delivery and Automated Testing
- We use Concourse and Bamboo
- Must have experience with JUnit, Protractor, Phantom.js, Selenium (or similar)
- SonarQube for code quality
Knowledge of current trends and best practices in frontend and backend architecture, including performance, accessibility and usabilityExperience working in Agile/Scrum DevOps teams is essential.As a senior, knowledge sharing will be expected as will participating in code reviews. Benefits
Learn more about Qudini and the perks of working with us
https //www.qudini.com/careers/Learn More About The Company Story And Our Values