We are a team of 50+ engineers based in Australia, Ireland, and UK, split into product-based teams. We're part of a company of pragmatic thinkers who listen to your ideas and do not choose designs based on job title - your voice counts, and your decisions and actions will directly impact on the success of the team. We value good engineering, pro-activeness, continuous improvement, belief in our mission, and being a good neighbour to our colleagues.
The development team plays a pivotal role in supporting the growth of our products and services which now support clients spanning Australia, New Zealand, UK, and Ireland.
Yes we use .NET WinForms as the core user interface, but we have been constantly evolving the platform to bring onboard some of the latest technologies available in dev and ops.
Not only do we use Azure, Docker and Kubernetes, and a suite of open-source web-based technologies to solve real business problems in innovative ways, we adopt industry best practices such as CI/CD pipelines and champion test-driven development to bring a large and stable feature set to our clients, and more importantly, a pathway to the cloud.
We're looking for - a software engineer who is solution-focused, self-motivated, proud of the code you write, love to see it deployed in production, and likes to harness peer and customer feedback to further improve it.What we offer:
A collaborative culture where we collectively make decisions - the best ideas win not seniority. Flexible working hours, choice of remote working or hybrid working model, competitive salary and company pension.Responsibilities
Your technical skills
- Coordinate with the business at large to refine requirements
- Collaboratively translate requirements to software designs
- Build, test, package and deploy features
- Investigate, concept prove, present, and implement new technologies
- Strong foundation in software design and development practices (indicatively 7 years of relevant experience)
- C#, .NET Framework, WinForms
- SQL, Entity Framework
Your personal traits:
- REST APIs
- WCF/.NET Remoting
- Scripting (Powershell)
- You are a pragmatist and see technologies as tools to problems
- You also enjoy learning new technologies and gain domain knowledge
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team player who enjoys exchanging domain and technical knowledge with others
We have a wide range of products, and as such, our tech stack is broad and spans developments in software engineering over the years. Based on a Microsoft centric stack in the earlier product lines, we have introduced many open-source technologies on Linux, Java and other platforms in more recent projects.
Our tech stack is constantly evolving. We're not afraid of adopting new technologies and the disruption they may bring - we manage it. We seek to adopt the best one suitable for the problem at hand, not always the one we've used in the past. We aim to bring the whole team along by sharing what we have learnt.