Are you looking to join a fast-paced technology company who stays ahead of the game? We are looking for an Agile Delivery Lead with strong knowledge of leading multi-disciplinary squads to join our Data Services area.THE ROLE
We are a growing community of Agile Delivery Leads. Collectively we fulfil two important roles
Support, enable and coach the software development teams as day-to-day Delivery Leads, whilst managing the team's day to day delivery.
Provide line management to the software engineers in your teams, ensuring staff can progress in their chosen disciplines.
You'll share your passion for agile and experience in applying agile frameworks, whilst working as an Agile Delivery Lead within our Data services area, supporting the delivery of our cloud-based data solution product.
Your role will primarily be to facilitate and enable the team's success. You'll support, guide, inspire, coach, and challenge the team, Product Owners and other stakeholders. You'll help the organisation as well as the team understand how to apply agile frameworks with rigour and wisdom, to build strong teams, to deliver quality software regularly and effectively, and above all, to satisfy customers.
You will embody CDL's values and be an ambassador for the company both internally and externally, with an active presence in the agile community which in turn enables you to feed industry advances into our everyday working.About CDL
CDL is one of the UK's leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector. As a result, the company's robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.Requirements
- Proven experience line managing cross-functional software delivery squads
- In depth understanding of agile frameworks and their underlying values and principles, gained through experience is essential
- Experience of managing solutions in a DevOps/DevSecOps manner in Product based organisation
- Experience of delivering large scale data solutions (Highly desirable)
- Wider experience would be great - Scaled agile approaches; digital start-ups; application of other 'agile' approaches; agile transformations and the introduction of Scrum, Kanban, Lean agile delivery; working with and implementing devops technologies and culture
- Experience in software development companies - ideally in a variety of environments, markets and organisational cultures, co-located and distributed teams
- The personal skills, attributes and motivation suited to coaching and enabling in a busy, changing environment influencing, flexibility, patience, empathy, courage, and confidence to name but a few!
- Experience is foremost, but formal agile training would be valuable, with an interest in gaining or continuing your learning journey supported
- Active interest of the agile world through learning, networking and events
- Knowledge and experience of tools and techniques in the agile space
- Strong technical skills and background are not required (but of course they would help)
**Due to the pandemic - This role will initially be starting in a fully remote capacity until we return to our office campus **
Closing Date - 30th May 2021Benefits
- Top employer for 5th year running
- Flexible hours
- Flexible working - home working options
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Dress down policy
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer bbq, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms