Are you a Cable Assembly Production Engineer or senior/lead assembler looking to advance your career with great technical skills, an eye for detail and a passion for excellence and growth?
K. Lacey Ltd is looking for a driven Cable Assembly Production Engineer to support our rapidly growing AS9100 & AS9120 cable assembly production facility in Rustington, West Sussex.
We need someone who has an excellent skillset, knowledge and understanding of a wide range of cable assemblies and the full production lifecycle for supply into diverse market applications.
If you have a passion for all things cable and would like to play a part in helping take our cable assembly service side of the business to the next level, then this role is perfect for you. Previous experience in cable assembly is essential for this role and applicants will preferably have the following attributes .Main Responsibilities
To be responsible for cable assembly costings and technical assistance for production & Sales/Purchasing.
- Deliver all Manufacturing Engineering inputs (work instructions, routings cost models, proposals etc.) in line with the business processes.
- Adhering to company processes in regard to engineering changes (ECN).
- Provide accurate and timely cost information, e.g. process times, materials spend etc.
- Carry out machine maintenance and tooling calibration when required.
- Liaising with customers for product improvements and address any design or quality concerns/issues.
- Assessing customer requirements from enquiry stage
- Work with the management team to ensure ongoing improvements to quality and methodology.
- Log and review efficiencies, find and implement improvements when necessary.
- Deliver continuous improvement activities to progress the capabilities of manufacturing and ensure the ongoing competitiveness of the Product Line.
- Fault finding and final inspection as required.