The Role VP, Governance & MI, BCP Crisis
- Operations Office for EMEA, Operational Resilience Team - Vice President
FJR Finance are representing a global, but mid-sized Investment Bank to hire a permanent VP of Governance & MI, BCP Crisis.
This senior management role sits within part of their Operations Office for EMEA and is senior manager and part of their Operational Resilience Team. The position has arisen out of business growth. The corporate stance will be working-from-home until otherwise advised, however, at one point the company will return to a hybrid model of working-from-home, as well as in the office. Main Purpose of the Role
Responsible for all appropriate Crisis Management incident response and training activities in London and EMEA.
The role will work closely with the Head of Operational Resilience and Programme team to develop a strong capability in the first line of defence, defining and delivering sustainable and practical solutions for the management of operational resilience, Crisis Management Response and Business Continuity Management activities.
The role holder will have detailed knowledge of the Operational Resilience Policy Statements (Mach 2021), and will gain experience working in a team ultimately responsible for successfully establishing Operational Resilience frameworks and capabilities within the organisation.
Responsible for supporting the Head of on developing, embedding and managing the Operational Resilience framework, tools and methodologies in line with regulatory requirements to enable the achievement of the company's strategic objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting all tasks to promote awareness and understanding of Operational Resilience across the firm, supporting communications and training campaigns across all levels.
- Build on and maintain strong collaborative relationships across three lines of defence with key stakeholders, helping the SMF24, Service Owners and Resource Owners perform their duties in line with regulatory expectations.
- Establish and manage the process to monitor the resilience of important business services and critical resources:
- Define and manage metrics to monitor resilience of IBS and critical resources;
- Coordinate activity to assess resilience of critical resources that support each IBS (e.g. monthly attestations);
- process to assess vulnerabilities, and define and deliver remedial actions:
- Support the business areas with assessing and prioritising weaknesses and vulnerabilities in resilience;
- Help the business to define appropriate remedial actions;
- Track delivery of actions and review evidence of gap closure.
- Participate in establishing and managing the creation the Regulatory Self-Assessment:
- Coordinate the annual regulatory self-assessment;
- Coordinate internal governance and approval (incl. Board approval).
- The governance of Operational Resilience, preparing papers for relevant committees and ensuring issues are escalated appropriately.
- Support One the company's delivery in the EMEA region in line with regulatory and Head Office requirements to achievement of the company's strategic objectives.
WORK EXPERIENCE Work Experience required:
- Previously employment experience in:
the UK Financial sector
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- UK Regulatory experience in Operational Resilience or Risk Management areas.
- Good knowledge and understanding of:
- UK Regulatory policy statements on Operational resilience and Third Party Risk Management.
- Operational Resilience
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Crisis and Incident Management
Skills and knowledge required:
Where required, the role holder will also:
- Technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of the Operational Resilience consultation papers (Dec 2019) and Policy Statements
- Understanding of Operational Resilience and Business Continuity and Crisis Management tools, methodologies and best practice
- Experience in planning for and delivering regulatory change and transformation
- Communication & influencing skills
- Advocate for Operational Resilience and builds strong relationships with senior stakeholders across all business areas to ensure delivery and embedding of Operational resilience throughout the organisation
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across the business, working closely with internal customers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, persuades and includes others using a range of approaches to achieve deliverables
- Project Management skills
- Experience in identifying and resolving risks and issues, or prompt escalation to programme manager if they are not able to be resolved
- Project management knowledge and experience to drive focus on effective and timely delivery of activities, managing the critical path and reporting regularly on status of deliverables
- Ability to work with team members to develop solutions to complex problems and makes recommendations to the Programme leaders and SteerCo.
- No qualifications required; qualified through experience
Regulatory compliance, affairs and change:
- Support the Head of Operational Resilience with the Operational Resilience Committee (OReC), Focus and Working Groups.
- Contribute to the Operational Resilience team's (OReT) performance, ensuring compliance with the organisations governance policies and procedures.
- Support the design, planning and implementation of the overall ORe framework across London (and within the EMEA region) to a level expected by our local regulators and at a level in line with our peers, including the update of relevant procedures and policies.
- Develop and deliver short and the medium term objectives/actions within the ORe framework.
- Ensure that the ORe objectives are in line with the agreed budget, including training & expectations.
- Analyse the risk and effectiveness of the regions ORe reporting arrangements, and identify/escalate appropriate actions to improve the overall reporting for the unction.
- Build close and continuous relationships with key individuals within the First, Second and Third Lines, and ensure their ORe weaknesses and concerns are addressed proactively.
- Develop and enhance staff training as required.
- Provide regular updates on progress under the ORe Governance framework and other key forums/committees. Contribute to the ORe governance for business activity to influence business strategy for the region and globally.
- Comply with, and ensure that under your responsibility (where applicable) you comply with, the entities' policies and procedures as well as all rules, laws and regulatory requirements emanating from any of the regulatory authorities to which the entities are subject.
- Remain up to date with regulatory changes; ensure that changes are well understood and plans are.
£70 k pa - £85 k pa, plus great bonus potential, pension, healthcare etc.