Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy's main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot "Best of the Best" award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy's vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service.
In April 2019, Cowboy launched its second model, the Cowboy 2, and introduced it to 8 additional countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In June 2020, Cowboy unveiled its third generation electric bike.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.The role
We are growing rapidly as we launch our product internationally and scale the team in all areas. To support that growth, we're looking for a highly analytical and enthusiastic individual to join us as FP&A Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to make a huge contribution to Finance at Cowboy. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for leading financial planning, budgeting and business partnering at Cowboy. We are also looking for someone with a lot of potential, who wants to grow and develop in the role.
The FP&A Manager role at Cowboy will involve
- Owning the Company budget preparation
- Regular forecasting and scenario analysis
- Long-term 3yr and 5yr planning
- Supporting the business with financial analysis
- Working with budget owners to understand and manage costs
- Preparing business cases
- Evaluating deals
- Leading projects to develop the commercial finance function
- Supporting the business and senior management with reporting
- International expansion
- Working with the CFO on strategic projects
- Growing in the role and taking on increased responsibilities
You'll have the ideal combination of startup finance talents highly numerate, strategic yet obsessed with detail, resourceful, and a great colleague whose helpful and friendly attitude is a delight to those they interact with. You'll be cool under pressure and able to work independently to hit tight deadlines.Requirements
- Qualified, experienced accountant
- Experience in a similar FP&A role
- Previous experience of managing a budget process
- Strong financial modelling and analysis skills
- Experience managing or overseeing junior team members
- Experience in developing robust and scalable processes
- Strong project management skills
- Commercially astute
- High numeracy, and ability to dive into detail
- Excellent communicator
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Eager to learn and develop their career in a start-up
- Highly competitive package
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Having a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you're on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.