MediaTek is the world's 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology. We enable more than 1.5 billion consumer electronic products a year including Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices (VAD), Android tablets, feature phones, Optical and Blu-ray DVD players, and we're number two globally in mobile phones.
MediaTek is also one of the top four companies globally to advance 5G development. Working together with component suppliers and worldwide cellular operators around RF technology, MediaTek is quickly bringing a complete, standards-based and optimized 5G solution to the market.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior/Principal Wireless Software Engineer to join our Modem Technology and Architecture team. The main goal of this position is to contribute to the design, implementation and verification of the modem software used in MediaTek's latest and most advanced chipsets. As MediaTek's next Senior/Principal Wireless Software Engineer, you will engage with experienced cross-disciplinary staff and will have the chance to work on the latest cellular communication standards, such as 5G NR and NB-IoT.
The Modem Technology Architecture team is currently involved in the architecture definition, design and validation of MediaTek's 5G NR chipset. In your role as Senior Wireless Software Engineer, you will be involved in the prototyping, implementation and verification of key software modules. Performance (MIPS, memory) and power consumption are key metrics that we need to optimize for our products to be world-leading and as a Senior/Principal Wireless Software Engineer, you will design and use different tools to quantify these.
This senior role will be varied and will give you exposure to the modem architecture across the different software layers. As MediaTek's Senior/Principal Wireless Software Engineer, you will also have opportunities to directly interact with hardware, DSP and standards engineers, both locally and across MediaTek's global R&D sites. As your experience in our technology increases, you will be asked to provide your valuable insight into ways to improve our future hardware and software platforms. Solving difficult and demanding issues will be a key motivator for you.About You
- You'll have the ability to learn quickly, innovate and take responsibility for new and unfamiliar areas
- You'll be a clear and concise communicator of complex ideas
- You'll have a flexible working style and the ability to adapt
- You will thrive in a collaborative team environment, where colleagues are willing to listen to and learn from one another
- You'll be able and willing to travel internationally (from time to time)
RequirementRequired Skills & Experience
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with specification, design and implementation of real time embedded SW in C/C++
- Experience with L1 and protocol software for 3GPP LTE and/or NR cellular systems (ideally on the UE side)
- Familiarity with build systems and source control
- Experience in SW design for multi-threading processors
- Understanding of processor subsystems, memory and bus architectures
- Experience with DSP programming
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Good degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
This position is located in Cambourne (near Cambridge), UK and will form part of a multi-skilled, multi-site, international development team.
MediaTek and You
MediaTek look for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry's greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users. From 4G and 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek employees are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
We pride ourselves on having an accomplished and successful global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation and benefits package. We know that every employee makes important contributions, and that every employee is integral to our success.
Competitive Salary Offered
Closing Date: 15/04/2021