A leading systematic investment manager is seeking to hire a distinguished Cloud Engineer in London. This role will be working directly with the Lead Cloud Engineer in designing, building and supporting their business-wide, hybrid cloud infrastructure.
The role is focused on developing infrastructure-as-a-service solutions. You will be working with business-facing users, like Portfolio Managers and senior quants to gain a strong understanding of how they utilise the cloud, what their requirements are and translate that into an appropriate solution. You will also help shape the cloud architecture and entire cloud environments with a strong focus on automation and ease of replication.
You will also be involved in developing cloud-based APIs and CI/CD so naturally, we are seeking someone with a strong DevOps mentality and a general passion for producing elegant infrastructure solutions.
Previous hires have come from leading finance companies (G-Research, Millennium, Point72) and offer an industry-leading package.
- 5+ years building E2E cloud solutions
- Must have strong AWS experience (exposure to other platforms as well is plus)
- Strong understanding of Python
- Strong exposure to building serverless APIs
- Experience in configuration management
- Solid understanding of Linux systems
- Good knowledge of containerisation (Docker)