£50K + benefits including 15% bonus potential and private medical
Grafton Banks Finance is working with a global business, based near Haywards Heath, to recruit a Technical Accountant.
This is a newly created position created due to continued growth and success for the business. The role will provide technical accounting expertise to the business ensuring compliance to IFRS, will own complex balance sheet accounts, and will own the internal controls. The role will suit a qualified accountant with someone working in audit in practice and looking to move into industry preferred. Experience of IFRS is an advantage however not essential.
- Partner with key stakeholders to proactively provide technical accounting expertise ensuring compliance to IFRS.
- Partner with the Shared Service Centre and Local Tax teams on topics requiring local finance knowledge and input, including month end closing, internal and external audit.
- Support with annual statutory accounts preparation for locally owned finance topics.
- Inventory Accounting.
- Asset Accounting.
- Calculation of local provisions.
- As Internal Control Owner, ensure an effective control environment exists through maintenance of local internal controls, documenting control evidence and testing.
- Owner of key balance sheet accounts, ensuring ongoing reconciliation, remediation of discrepancies and regular status reporting.
This business is consistently ranked as one of the top big companies in the UK to work for. They offer excellent benefits including bonus, car allowance, and pension as well as great opportunities to progress in the UK or globally. This role could be 100% remote or hybrid between office based and home.